Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory
Default Rearset Alternative

I just finished this mod on my B King but they list the Parts for Busa and lots of other bikes as well.
So I was looking for a way to increase leg room on the B King. I have used Buell pegs on my Busa but wanted something a bit different.
I found the MFW Vario Peg system. Since none of our sponsors had them I went here
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/4703/613/
Now that price you see one the Web page is a little deceiving because it is actually a 3 part system and each part is priced seperately so actual cost is $139 + shipping. and here is what you get.
You have choices of 20mm 23 mm and 30mm extensions. I chose 23mm

Please note two of each come in a package.
Loosely assembled they look like this

They are a pretty easy install. Remove the retaining clip on the Pin Holding the existing Peg Pin in place. Slide out the Pin take the Spring from the stock peg and move it into the replacement mount. Slide the pin in (took a little juggling to get the spring in correctly) and you are left with this

Now one of the nice part of this system is that the "Drop arm" and the mount nave cog style notches that allow you to set the angle
and I chose a lightly rearward cant. Once you have set the angle tighten the hex screw (Blue lock tight) then pry the black beauty cap off the end of the peg slide onto the end of the "Drop Arm" tighten that, replace the beauty cap and you are done

Everything feels good in the garage shifts easy Foot contacts the rear brakes easily. But since I am hear in NH with snow covering my rather long drive way I can't give you a ride report yet.
They are of good quality and seem a good option if you don't want to drop $400 for rearsets.

Last edited by nhgunnut; 01-17-2010 at 12:40 PM..
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Pretty cool! I thought that you were going to post about those plate they sell to move your entire foot control. The only "negative" thing I have to say is that because they only move the peg and not the controls, it may pose a problem for some people with smaller feet. Maybe not though...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Solid look.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
Thumper996
VTwins and One Lungs rule

Moto: Turning wrenches on my rides

Can you take a closer shot of the mod on the bike from a couple of different angles

Do they still hinge up or not

Last edited by Thumper996; 01-24-2010 at 11:03 PM..
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper996 View Post
Can you take a closer shot of the mod on the bike from a couple of different angles

Do they still hinge up or not
Looking at the pics, they should pivot the same as stock. Actually, the first pic I quoted looks like the piece that goes in the bracket is upside down. The rounded corner should face up. Then the spring leg goes in the notch to push it down and the sharp corner holds it out straight.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #6
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Looking at the pics, they should pivot the same as stock. Actually, the first pic I quoted looks like the piece that goes in the bracket is upside down. The rounded corner should face up. Then the spring leg goes in the notch to push it down and the sharp corner holds it out straight.
Yes they Pivot just like the stock pegs. The angles are wrong on the loosely assembled pegs I just wanted folks to see how the 3 pieces went together.