Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750
Talking International Female Ride Day - May 6 '11

Hope this isn't a repost but just to let you know....

International Female Ride Day is on Friday May 6th this year. Let's get out there and ride, and show these guys they can't keep all the fun to themselves! Post up your plans for the day or weekend, and remember to come back and share your stories and photos later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoress
International Female Ride Day is a global campaign for women motorcyclists who own, ride or have access to a motorcycle. The day invites women to “JUST RIDE”. By participating and riding on this united day women underline and demonstrate their passion, ability and enthusiasm for the activity. Women participants as well contribute to the activity on this day as well, by building awareness of female motorcyclists. This worldwide, synchronized unified presence additionally demonstrates to others the fun and enjoyment females of all diversities share in this wonderful activity of motorcycling!

The event occurs on the first Friday of May each year. Women participate by simply being on their motorcycle to "JUST RIDE" ...

…to work
…to meet a friend(s)
…to a fitness class
…to their local motorcycle retailer
…to a country road
…to take an off road or track day course
…to a shopping mall
…to your friends charity event and so on.

The day invites women to be on a motorcycle. It is not an organised ride, not a charity or a fundraiser and this is to ensure the events core message remains clear —that of highlighting women motorcyclists! However, many groups, clubs and women incorporate their own purpose, cause or fund raiser to whatever they organise on the day! We've introduced a campaign to spend as desired and only ask that women get out on their motorcycle and "JUST RIDE"!

Motorcycles of all brands, types, styles and capacities are welcome! Street, off road/dirt or scooter, sport, duo-purpose, cruiser, touring, trike or ATV!

This is one day devoted to women riders! Women of all ages and all experience levels demonstrating their personal passion, pleasure and camaraderie alone or together in the activity of motorcycling- around the world!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I'm going out drag on this day, wig, knee highs, flowery dress, unshaved legs and all.....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I read the title of this thread completely wrong, all I saw was international ride a female day. Let me tell you, this thread turned out to be a let down.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Well watch out if you do try to ride any, I hear there will be some guys in drag... hehehe...
Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Oh, and while I was googling more info about this event yet another reason for to buy a Kawasaki reared it's sexy head. They have a promo where you get a $250 gift card if you buy a bike that weekend, in honor of Intl Female Ride Day.

Oh yeah....
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Sorry, actually it's the first 500 buyers

Quote:

KAWASAKI LAUNCHES INTERNATIONAL FEMALE RIDE DAY PROMOTION
---Anyone considering a motorcycle purchase—any motorcycle of any size—needs to visit an authorized Kawasaki dealership between May 6 and May 8, 2011. Kawasaki is launching a $250 savings opportunity for purchasers in conjunction with International Female Ride Day, being celebrated on Friday of that weekend.

The first 500 purchasers of a new, not previously registered motorcycle who register online at Kawasaki - Kawasaki.com, following their purchase, will be awarded a $250 Visa Gift card. And to sweeten the offer, Kawasaki will provide the first 50 registrants at the online site with a free Kawi Girl Jacket.

The company will also honor any existing promotional offers that are running concurrently with this program. Details of any additional savings opportunities are available at Kawasaki Motorcycles, ATV, Jet Ski Watercraft, Utility Vehicles, Recreational Utility Vehicles.

According to Chris Brull, Kawasaki’s director of marketing communications, “This short-term promotion underscores the company’s interest in continuing to expand the female market, and it will give our dealers added exposure to this important audience.”
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Well watch out if you do try to ride any, I hear there will be some guys in drag... hehehe...
He wouldnt make an attractive woman anyway so thats a moot point.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Thursday is my last final for this semester so I will have friday off. Will try to get out on a ride then!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #9
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Don't forget to take pics!

I hope to be riding Friday afternoon, and am going to try to get pics of as many ladies out riding as I can.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I won't! But if I am riding solo then I won't be in the pic, just the bike
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote