Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default My weekend of motorcycling ride/track report

Well its back to the grind after a long weekend on the bikes. Had a bit of everything including a near catastrophe at the end last night.

Started out heading to PA to get to markos house. Frist part of the ride was brutal getting out of NYC in early rush hour in intense heat, but I finaly made it out to the commonwealth and was able to make up some time and got there around 6 I believe. Everyone was already there so I just unpackedand we shot the shit for a while then went out for dinner and drinks. This is when I disocvered marko and gas man are truly gay since they both ordered some sort of fufu drinks

Saturday was the bike show in carlisle, it was surface of the sun hot out there which kinda sucked. The show was mostly harley stuff and a swap meet/rummage sale it seemed, didnt have much for sprt or touring bikes but the people watching was interesting to say the least, esp the hottie who wore slutty boots on a thousand degree day

From there we went back to markos and grilled some food then I set out on drinking all of his beer, turned into a real fun night and made for a somewhat painful ride home. I had to be up and out early to get home and get the track bike loaded for a TD on monday so I left PA Round 8:30 and made great time home (didnt spend much time under the speed limit LOL)

So I got home, loaded the bike and gear and got on the road, only to find out I forgot my rearstand and our ez pass (cant use the kickstand with the race plastics on it) so we headed out to NJMP and rode through some heavy rains but looks like we missed the heaviest stuff. There was talk of tornadoes on the radio and when we go tto the track there was a lot of damage in town with whole trees uprooted and downed power lines and all that fun stuff.

So on to monday, all in all had a good day at T-bolt. An instructor taught me a few things about body position that will help me more with the knee pain I deal with so I spent the second half of my day working on that. I thought I would mix it up with a few friends in intermediate but the bastids couldnt catch me

So then we packed up and headed for home since I had to be in westchester at 6am made grat time home but then got stuck in some late night road construction, I tried a short cut around it that failed and wound up in some decrepit side streets in queens when disaster almost struck. the roads were so bad and bumpy the bike hopped out of the chock and almost fell off the trailer. I was watching in horror in the rearview as it fell back, fortunatley one strap held and that kept it from hitting anything. We got it back in the chock and restrapped and just headed for home. I just wanted to go to bed at his point since it turned into a long day and had to be up extra earlier today.

So now back to the joys of work and a killer week ahead of me.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Always better to hear about a "near" disaster.
Glad you had a great weekend.
Saw the pics in the other thread... good times.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
Always better to hear about a "near" disaster.
Glad you had a great weekend.
Saw the pics in the other thread... good times.
I forgot my camera when we went to PA but I figured marko and chris are good with taking pics. I think th emrs shot a few pics at the track but didnt look on the camera since we got home so late. i will see if she got any good shots and will put em up in a few days.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Tom. I DID NOT order some shitty womans drink. Gas Man...absolutely. I have photo evidence. I was drinking some ice cold Sam ADAMS you fucker, and you know it!

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Proof:

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Tom. I DID NOT order some shitty womans drink. Gas Man...absolutely. I have photo evidence. I was drinking some ice cold Sam ADAMS you fucker, and you know it!
So it was wifey who had the fu fu drink then?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
So it was wifey who had the fu fu drink then?
Of course. She won't drink beer.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Proof:

done deal
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Glad to see you having fun you work-a-holic.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Of course. She won't drink beer.
But she likes metal she has to drink beer