Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default any recommendations for mag loader

I know a lot of folks here are shooters. Wondering if anyone can recommend a specific magazine loader. how well do they work? are they worth the money. I have found that trying to load the .40 is not nearly as "Fun" as the 9mm.

the gun is springfield XD40 although I think the loaders are not gun specific.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I use the loader that came with my XDm 9mm in the case and it works great. I know the same loader works with the .40 as well. I guess the XD doesn't come with a loader?
Old 12-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Never used them.

The pistols I've bought came with them but I never tried them.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I use the loader that came with my XDm 9mm in the case and it works great. I know the same loader works with the .40 as well. I guess the XD doesn't come with a loader?

yeah this one was just a gun and two mags not the whole kit. may have to go see if I can find an XD one locally. I'm sure they have them.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I use an HKS. It's nice because the PT92 mags tend to be a little on the stiff side.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Only loaders I use are the ones the come will 5.56 and stripper clips.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

here is what you do. Take your gun back to the seller and tell him you are too much of a Nancy to load yourself and need a refund

Just kidding. I worked security at the Nuc plant I work at now and I don't even want to think of the number of .40 cal rounds that I loaded into my magazines. Prolly somewhere in the neighborhood of over 3000 rounds. We did a lot of shooting for my initial training and then we shot at the range at least every two months. We are lucky enough to have our own on site range.

Just need to keep loading and shooting or loading and unloading till the follower spring breaks in a bit. Gets easy with time and you get these really cool calluses too.

Oh and the whole time in the Army I never used a loader then either. And I know that I shot a ton of 5.56 ammo. So..... suck it up Sally and just keep usin your hands. Loaders? We don't need no stinkin Loaders.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
here is what you do. Take your gun back to the seller and tell him you are too much of a Nancy to load yourself and need a refund

Just kidding. I worked security at the Nuc plant I work at now and I don't even want to think of the number of .40 cal rounds that I loaded into my magazines. Prolly somewhere in the neighborhood of over 3000 rounds. We did a lot of shooting for my initial training and then we shot at the range at least every two months. We are lucky enough to have our own on site range.

Just need to keep loading and shooting or loading and unloading till the follower spring breaks in a bit. Gets easy with time and you get these really cool calluses too.

Oh and the whole time in the Army I never used a loader then either. And I know that I shot a ton of 5.56 ammo. So..... suck it up Sally and just keep usin your hands. Loaders? We don't need no stinkin Loaders.
alright asshole I can get enough of them in there to take care of your ass.
Wasn't terribly bad last few mags I got 9 out of 12 in and yeah the callouses will be interesting.

I figured it would loosen up with time, the 9mm did. this gun has only has about 200 rounds so far.

most of the magazines we loaded in the army were so broken down I'm surprised they had enough tension left to pop the next shell up. LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I use the loader that came with my XDm 9mm in the case and it works great.
THIS!

But I only use it for the last 2 rounds.

I bought enough magazines so that when I go to the range I just empty the mags I preloaded (usually 10-12 per gun) and leave with empty mags. Then I leave 1/2 unloaded until the next range time and load only the remaining 1/2 (for zombie preparredness)
Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
THIS!

But I only use it for the last 2 rounds.

I bought enough magazines so that when I go to the range I just empty the mags I preloaded (usually 10-12 per gun) and leave with empty mags. Then I leave 1/2 unloaded until the next range time and load only the remaining 1/2 (for zombie preparredness)
I just ordered my 3 freebies so I was thinking of doing pretty much the same thing.