AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6
Default Sarah Palin: Fake Hunter

http://www.theawl.com/2010/12/sarah-...he-fake-hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Xx...layer_embedded

Quote:
Sarah Palin the TV Star Exposes Sarah Palin the Fake Hunter
by Abe Sauer on December 6th, 2010

Palin champions will hold up last night's "Sarah Palin's America" episode as proof of the candidate putting her money where her moose is. That is to say, after years of talking about being a hunter, Palin actually went out and shot something.

While much of the debate around the episode is an ethical one about a millionaire shooting a defenseless animal so as not to have to pay for meat, the real conversation should be about how the episode absolutely exposes Palin as a charade.

In this most recent episode, a woman who has blindly championed the NRA and legitimized her frontier-woman status by claiming to be a "lifelong hunter" comes across as anything but.

For starters, Palin and pa head out on a long hunt without bothering to sight in Palin's rifle, a mistake no serious hunter would ever make. Why Palin's dad chose for her a "varmint rifle" for a caribou hunt and why Palin, an admitted "moose hunter," would not question such a gun's appropriateness is never answered.

From there, numerous bungles along the way to finally downing the caribou show a hunting tourist who, at worst, appears to pose a genuine danger to fellow outdoorsmen.

While Palin's hunting-for-TV jamboree certainly impressed the hockey moms, it seriously eroded her base of genuine hunters. One online commentor, on Sean Hannity's website no less, grumbled, "I turned on Sarah Palin's Alaska a minute ago and she just shot four maybe even five times at a caribou and missed. Needless to say I'm not impressed with her ability to handle a firearm let alone aim it and hit something."

On Palin's own Facebook page, a viewer wrote, "What a joke. I was a fan before the show. No one who is a true hunter lets others carry their rifle or can't load their own shells. Sarah, you are a phony in this area of your 'skills."

Several others wondered why Palin, an experienced hunter, didn't bring her own rifle, pointing out that familiarity with one's weapon is a core principle of hunting. Another pointed out, regarding Palin's veteran hunter dad, "I was surprised to see him using the gun as a walking stick."

Several hunter friends to whom I showed the video were less than impressed. All agreed that she did not look like she had handled a gun many times. One, who just posted his November kill on his Facebook profile, said "I would not hunt with her."

In the episode, Palin is handed a second gun, which, thanks to good video editing, she uses to down the animal in one shot.

But knowledgeable hunters would have all recoiled in horror watching Palin immediately place her finger on the trigger of the "hot" Savage 110 as it was handed to her. Keeping one's finger off the trigger until the very moment of the shot is the first lesson any responsible hunter ever learns.

But Palin's inexperience with guns is in no way more obvious than when she is handed the rifle and she asks, "Does it kick?" It was an exchange Brad Schlegel took note of, writing on Palin's Facebook wall, "'does the rifle kick' what kind of a question is that? Doesn't matter if it kicks or not you shoot it the same. That was a girly question momma griz."

It would behoove Palin real American opponents and supporters alike to remember that pretending to enjoy hunting is an American political tradition. Indeed, who can forget John Kerry, avid fowl hunter? Or this: "My father taught me how to shoot."

Of course, not everyone was convinced that the mystique of Palin as Alaskan hunter is a con job. In the tradition of justifying anything to preserve a dear illusion at any cost to reason, a commenter on Hannity's forum dismissed questions like so: "You'd have seen her dad take a tumble while caring the gun she used. He must have knocked the scope out of alignment." Another hunter in the 24 Hour Campfire forum reasoned, "I bet the producers of that show knocked that messed with the scope to make it more dramatic," while another theorized, "If I had to guess, it'd be someone on the set messed with her scope with promises of wealth to make her look stupid."

Abe Sauer does not have an addiction to low-paying work.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I wouldn't want to go hunting with Dick Cheney either.

Now Ted Nugent...different story although he does seem a little crazy.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Uncle Ted woulda butt ended that incompetent bitch...

Does it kick?...fuckin retard.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
CasterTroy

I'd vote soon and often for Ted in 2012!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
z06boy
Letzroll

Old 12-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Who the hell cares? Stop talking about her and she ceases to be relevant and dissapears. I'm starting to think ya'll really do want her in the whitehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I'd vote soon and often for Ted in 2012!
Ditto
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

who cares?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

So, the experts agreed she dosen't hunt like an expert?...Shocking...

I guess haters gonna hate...
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Sorry, but putting your finger on the trigger of ANY firearm as its being handed to you is a red flag that screams, "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA HOW TO HANDLE A FIREARM."

It would all be irrelevant, however she has stated time and time again how much she loves hunting and CONSTANTLY reminds people that she's a hunter.

Again, that would be irrelevant if she weren't trying to lead the country. But it exposes her as a liar, and shows that this is all just an act for votes and/or power/money.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Sorry, but putting your finger on the trigger of ANY firearm as its being handed to you is a red flag that screams, "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA HOW TO HANDLE A FIREARM."

It would all be irrelevant, however she has stated time and time again how much she loves hunting and CONSTANTLY reminds people that she's a hunter.

Again, that would be irrelevant if she weren't trying to lead the country. But it exposes her as a liar, and shows that this is all just an act for votes and/or power/money.
Can't really disagree with any of this.