Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #11
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Just wanted to add here: My 7 year old knows to NEVER touch the trigger of ANY firearm unless he is absolutely about to fire it. He's known since he was 6. You can hand him anything from a 1911 to a BMG .50cal and trust that it won't go off... That is rule #1 of guns, period. Don't touch the fucking trigger, ever, unless you're going to shoot.

I've got to see the video of this myself so I'll have to check it out to see if its being exaggerated...but that is not the type of mistake someone experienced with firearms would make.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I have to say that anytime a politician says "I'm a hunter myself" I generally take it to mean, "I've never really shot a gun but I want you gun owners to vote for me" "oh and if you do I won't try to put in more gun control.......unless of course someone with more money wants me to"

politicians get their job by telling you what you want to hear and then making a meager attempt at accomplishing a few of their promises.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I've got to see the video of this myself so I'll have to check it out to see if its being exaggerated...but that is not the type of mistake someone experienced with firearms would make.
My son too knows the "rules" when we go to the range.

He does it all himself. He loads his magazines as well as his revolver (single action ruger single six) and he's done quite well.

I would call him an experienced gun handler.

My wife? My wife is a prissy little thing that has shot her .38 a few times. Each time I've taken her to the range I loaded it, and handed it to her. She KNOWS the trigger rule, but I find myself reminding her.

I unload her revolver and load the new rounds, and hand it back to her.

However......when she tells her friends she went to the range and shot HER .38 they all gasp and can't believe she's got her own gun and has shot it. Now to you and me she's NOT an experienced gun handler. But when she says she's shot her own .38 and did a good job hitting her target, well, her friends are certainly impressed. And they would think she could handle herself in an attack. She couldn't, and would more than likely shoot her foot, or something else if attacked (hence why I she doesn't CARRY and why there are various guns throughout the house instead of ON her) but to someone she tells about her range time. They would THINK she's impressive....until she then gives them her disclaimer (since she does NOT want to give a false impression)

The same would be true if I took my wife Hunting.

I would load the gun and perch it for her. All she's need to do was aim and shoot.

Guess what.....she's NOW a hunter. But again....she would offer a disclaimer, stating what all I had to do for her and deny being a "hunter"

The same is not true in the world of politics.

She is not a hunter.....just as John Edwards is not "a man of the people who understands their struggle" simply because he paid a visit to a soup kitchen once...so of COURSE that makes him sympathetic to the homeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
politicians get their job by telling you what you want to hear and then making a meager attempt at accomplishing a few of their promises.
EXACTLY

However, when I hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
"I'm a hunter myself"
I take it to mean "I've shot a gun at something before"

Because I don't believe that they want to be 100% full of shit. I think they actually DO want to have a grain of truth in their claim. If nothing else for a smidgen of accountability. Just not MUCH
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

You guys should really be cheering her on, no moderate is going to vote for this insane bitch. The only thing people want to do is put her in a slutty catholic schoolgirl uniform and smack her with a ruler.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
who cares?
I do, because we need more Americans to learn that she has no business being in office. Before it's too late.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I do, because we need more Americans to learn that she has no business being in office. Before it's too late.
Do you honestly think any of the yahoos we have in office have any business being there? Like say your neighbor Nancy Pelosi?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Do you honestly think any of the yahoos we have in office have any business being there? Like say your neighbor Nancy Pelosi?
I personally do not. But when very popular politicians get caught living a lie for the purpose of gaining votes, it hopefully opens some people's eyes and they go..."Wait a minute, are they all full of shit?"

Or maybe not, Americans are pretty gullible.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
90% of the people in office right now have more intelligence and relevant experience than Palin. Regardless of whether they are left wing or right wing. So, yes.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I personally do not. But when very popular politicians get caught living a lie for the purpose of gaining votes, it hopefully opens some people's eyes and they go..."Wait a minute, are they all full of shit?"

They are all lying sacks of shit, I don't trust any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
90% of the people in office right now have more intelligence and relevant experience than Palin. Regardless of whether they are left wing or right wing. So, yes.
Honestly their "relevant experience" scares me more than Palin's idiocy. At least you know what the idiot is going to do.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

Only if you're a republican. Everyone else gets all the drugs, affairs, theft, and drunken vehicular homicide they want
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote