Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #51
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I like how it even crosses some people's minds that somebody else would be jealous over their vehicle choice. Are people really THAT full of themselves?
Its not a matter of being "full of one's self" more than it is when you drive a car that retails for $60-$80k, and its brand new and all shiny, you know that is the type of car a lot of people wish they could drive. When a lot of people wish they could have something they can't, they get jealous. Its basic human nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Do you think people actually damage other peoples vehicles because it's jealousy?

I'm honestly curious on this one. Why would you go to the trouble of harassing someone who is parked normally, just far out to avoid accidents?
Yes, they absolutely do it out of jealousy. When I worked for Benz it was pretty much a guarantee it was going to get keyed within the first 6 months you had it. We (employees) had a special coverage option to cover jealous assholes keying our cars. And its not like we were out on the town acting like rich pretentious assholes either, most of us made under $35k a year.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #52
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Right?

Someone is a jerk for trying to protect their investment?

Someone is a jerk for parking next to them?

You guys are actually advocating damaging somebody's vehicle because they parked next to your depreciating asset?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #53
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
You guys are actually advocating damaging somebody's vehicle because they parked next to your depreciating asset?
Not their vehicle, their face, their family, their ability to eat through their mouth....those kind of things.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #54
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
From tags
"obvioushomesliceisobvious"

Can't be owned if I don't know what that's supposed to mean
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #55
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This is why I parked next to people parked away from everyone else. Just to piss them off. I didn't care about their car, but I knew they cared about their car enough to avoid others.
Exactly. It isn't jealousy, it's more like fucking w/people for being such aloof fucktards that they actually think their car is "the shit". Often times it's just a 15 year old Acura Legend or something like that.

And like I said before, I know for a fact some people park back there to get noticed......Not to protect it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #56
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
I delight in parking my 8 yr old Camry right on top of these jerks! the closer the better, just did it to a guy at my dads church a few weeks ago. It's even more fun when I get to see them getting in their car! .
Quote:
Someone is a jerk for parking next to them?

If they intentionally park closer than is necessary, just because they parked at the end of the lot? Yes, that is a dick move.*

Who guys? I never advocated any damage.

*I know (now) that MILK was referring to double parkers, I originally read it as anyone who would dare park far away.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #57
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I paid good money for a nice car, I'd like to keep it that way.
Sweet so you DID get rid of that POS vette and get a NICE car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
our parking spaces are larger here. .
Everything is bigger in Texas....especially the assholes

J/K

Quote:
Are people really THAT full of themselves?
Never been on facebook have you

Personally it doesn't bother me. I don't care what other people think of themselves OR me. But I anticipate them being an asshole regardless. So I try to stay under the radar or the dickheads.

I don't have any "nice" cars, but what I DO have I just park the best I can and try to avoid the crooked cars and parking next to the obvious "I either don't have insurance" cars or the "this car's old enough that I don't give a fuck" vehicles.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #58
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

BUt you dont know those people, you dont know what that car means to them, you dont know what they did to get it.

How do you know they didnt scrimp and save for 20 years to get that car? Or that it was a gift or special treasure from someone? Why would they be assholes for wanting to do what they can to keep their treasure safe?

My mustang wasnt fancy, it wasnt all decked out, but it was MY baby, and one of my dream cars and I loved it. And the fact that jerks would intentionally go out of their way to damage a car that didnt belong to them, nor did they know who I was or what the car was to me is infuriating. Anyone has the right to park out in the back 40 to protect whats important to them, NO ONE has the right to damage it. It's not any different than seeing Trips beemer out in the parking lot and pushing it over just because I dont like it or wish I had one.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #59
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
BUt you dont know those people, you dont know what that car means to them, you dont know what they did to get it.

How do you know they didnt scrimp and save for 20 years to get that car? Or that it was a gift or special treasure from someone? Why would they be assholes for wanting to do what they can to keep their treasure safe?

My mustang wasnt fancy, it wasnt all decked out, but it was MY baby, and one of my dream cars and I loved it. And the fact that jerks would intentionally go out of their way to damage a car that didnt belong to them, nor did they know who I was or what the car was to me is infuriating. Anyone has the right to park out in the back 40 to protect whats important to them, NO ONE has the right to damage it. It's not any different than seeing Trips beemer out in the parking lot and pushing it over just because I dont like it or wish I had one.
but if you know its trip then its ok to push it over
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #60
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
It's not any different than seeing Trips beemer out in the parking lot and pushing it over just because I dont like it or wish I had one.
I disagree. Not personally knowing him, but making a judgement call based on his internet postings, I think it is acceptable.