Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #211
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Mine is just an Italian repro.
mine is a Traditions. It shoots, and it has no value to worry about.

not nearly as beautiful as the one Racedoll has there though.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #212
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Ended up in the middle of a gun fight last night while watching the guys on my softball team play their men's league. I'm assuming it was the local kurdish gangs going at it but about 15-20 shots of 9mm were fired from the parking lot about 100 yards away and we all ended up face down in the dirt. Scary. I am FURIOUS at the Nashville PD's response. Took 6 mins to even get someone on the phone at 911, a young cop was sent out and he just smiled and laughed when I told him what happened. He didn't even look to see if anyone was injured in the area, just got back in his car to write some notes. A suspecious car then came in the parking lot and the cop directed him to leave. It was one of the same damn cars that was there during the shooting and he didn't even question him.

I have lost faith that cops are ANYTHING other then note takers and clean up crew with a fancy badge and gun. I will be carrying mine everywhere from now on.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #213
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post

Bit of a difference, huh? Mine cost me no more than about $125.00. That was back in something like '92.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #214
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

I am a gun owner, cool vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILcVt9p7cug&NR=1
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #215
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Bit of a difference, huh? Mine cost me no more than about $125.00. That was back in something like '92.

yeah exactly. mine was under $100 when I bought it.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #216
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:

Thanks *blushing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
Ended up in the middle of a gun fight last night while watching the guys on my softball team play their men's league. I'm assuming it was the local kurdish gangs going at it but about 15-20 shots of 9mm were fired from the parking lot about 100 yards away and we all ended up face down in the dirt. Scary. I am FURIOUS at the Nashville PD's response. Took 6 mins to even get someone on the phone at 911, a young cop was sent out and he just smiled and laughed when I told him what happened. He didn't even look to see if anyone was injured in the area, just got back in his car to write some notes. A suspecious car then came in the parking lot and the cop directed him to leave. It was one of the same damn cars that was there during the shooting and he didn't even question him.

I have lost faith that cops are ANYTHING other then note takers and clean up crew with a fancy badge and gun. I will be carrying mine everywhere from now on.
Damn girl! I'm glad none of you were hurt. I'm sure that was very scary. I too would be pissed at that kind of response from the PD.

Quote:
Quote:
yeah exactly. mine was under $100 when I bought it.
This one was a bit more than what you paid, but it cost me even less. Dad bought it for me as a gift. He has one each for my two older sisters but didn't have one for me so when he found it for the price it was marked (negotiated of course) he snatched it up. Plus I was with him when he bought it so that made it more special.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #217
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
This one was a bit more than what you paid, but it cost me even less. Dad bought it for me as a gift. He has one each for my two older sisters but didn't have one for me so when he found it for the price it was marked (negotiated of course) he snatched it up. Plus I was with him when he bought it so that made it more special.
your dad rocks. seriously he has daughters that play with guns and motorcycles. awesome. i always said if i had daughters that's how they'd be. good thing i had sons it was easier to justify "our" choices to fiends and neighbors. LOL
Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #218
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
your dad rocks. seriously he has daughters that play with guns and motorcycles. awesome. i always said if i had daughters that's how they'd be. good thing i had sons it was easier to justify "our" choices to fiends and neighbors. LOL
Yep, we three girls shoot and two of us ride motorcycle. The oldest doesn't ride as it is not a big deal to her at this point in life. She has a horse she likes to ride instead.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #219
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

I own a Soviet Issue Mosin Nagant M44. Its a 1944 Yugo made WWII carbine. Seen real war time action. Has notches in the butt of the gun. I think there are 6-7 ill have to take it out of the case to check though. I just got it last year. Its my second gun. I had a .22 but sold it and got this. This thing is a man cannon to the max to. It shoots a 7.62x54 which is the same round used in the Dragunov. but my gun is a carbine so the barrel is 8 inches shorter than the Dragunov so when i shoot it it has a wicked flame shoot out about 3 feet. Ive shot rounds with 200+grain and ill never do that again. Practically took my shoulder off. im keeping it down in the 140 grain count now. Much more tame there lol. Its also equipped with a full Bayonet

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=292765155528