Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom
Default Ladies, how much of this is true?

This was on the front page of Yahoo, I want to hear the ladies thoughts on these things.

Dating Tips: 12 Things You Don't Know About Women

By Esquire

http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/si...ow-about-women

1. Christina Applegate
"Call us back right away. That 'three day' business does not apply. We're getting older, and we don't have time to screw around. Wait too long and we'll lose interest. Trust me on this one."
2. Courtney Cox
"We pay closer attention to your hands than you think. It's bad enough if you don't have manly hands, but if your nails are longer than ours, forget it."
3. Padma Lakshmi
"Some of us prefer boxing to yoga. None of us actually likes Pilates."
4. Alyssa Milano
"Women are innately self-conscious. This is not a choice; it's a genderwide condition. On a bad day, I look in the mirror and see my ten-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Bertha. On a really bad day, Bertha sees her two-hundred-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Brian Dennehy."
5. Poppy Montgomery
"When considering whether or not to ask out the girl you're afraid to talk to, keep this in mind: No matter who you are or what you look like, it's always flattering when you hit on us. Always."
6. Tea Leoni
"Supersecret: Unless we're blind or have no night-light in the bathroom, the whole toilet-seat thing is exaggerated and meant to control you."
7. Mariska Hargitay
"We love the fact that it takes you only twelve minutes to get ready for anything, be it a black tie [event] or a basketball game. When it takes longer than that... what are you doing in there?"
"We are all about our necks. Feel free to spend as much time there as you wish."
8. Emily Deschanel
"Even if we've only been dating a few weeks, don't introduce us as your 'lady friend' -- or that's exactly what we'll become."
9. Jenna Fischer
"If we run into your ex-girlfriend in public, the first thing you should do is put your arm around us. And if we have to introduce ourselves, you are in big trouble."
10. Julie Delpy
"We need you to be reachable at all times, but we don't always pick up our phones when you call. We realize this seems like a double standard; if you'd like to discuss it further, just leave a message."
11. Maria Bello
"We're afraid of commitment, too. You may think we spend our time scheming ways to trap you into marriage, but many of us are quite happy being independent and autonomous. Besides, we're not in any rush to quit lusting after young Calvin Klein models."
12. Kyra Sedgwick
"Our friends are not your enemies, and our enemies better not be your friends."
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
4. Alyssa Milano
"Women are innately self-conscious. This is not a choice; it's a genderwide condition. On a bad day, I look in the mirror and see my ten-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Bertha. On a really bad day, Bertha sees her two-hundred-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Brian Dennehy."
Thought this was kind of funny.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

The only ones I dont agree with are 6 & 8. 12 is partially true, because sometimes our friends will HATE you with a passion for various reasons.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan;308101
3. Padma Lakshmi
"Some of us prefer boxing to yoga. None of us actually likes Pilates."
[COLOR="Red"
True for me[/COLOR]

4. Alyssa Milano
Most of the time

5. Poppy Montgomery
"When considering whether or not to ask out the girl you're afraid to talk to, keep this in mind: No matter who you are or what you look like, it's always flattering when you hit on us. Always."
Always

6. Tea Leoni
"Supersecret: Unless we're blind or have no night-light in the bathroom, the whole toilet-seat thing is exaggerated and meant to control you."
Wrong. Put the seat down

"We are all about our necks. Feel free to spend as much time there as you wish."
Yessiree

11. Maria Bello
"We're afraid of commitment, too. You may think we spend our time scheming ways to trap you into marriage, but many of us are quite happy being independent and autonomous. Besides, we're not in any rush to quit lusting after young Calvin Klein models."
Yep. I'm a dirty old woman
Old 12-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
#6 is absolutely true...if your hand aint broke you can put it down as easy as the guy can I personally check before I sit on a toilet to make sure the seat is down, how hard is that?

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

All of it. True.

Regarding the toilet seat, in our house everyone puts the entire lid down. That way, everyone does the work
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

The perfect house would have a toilet AND a urinal. Or his and her bathrooms.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

I always put the toilet lid down just because I have had a string of clumsy GFs and am tired of 'losing' things to the toilet which I have to spend money to replace (see: makeup, toothbrushes, towels, etc)
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Being one of those crabby groggy individuals when I first wake up, I expect the seat to be down. If its not, I am going to be really cranky if I dont manage to catch myself before I fall in.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

While I don't quite 'get' the big deal, the toilet seat is definitely one of those pick-your-battles kinda things.
Why shouldn't women have to raise it when they're done, so we don't have to in order to avoid peeing all over the seat (a far more distressing condition, IMO), hmmmm?... whatever - "Yes ma'am, I'll try to do better and never forget it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
"Her name is Brian Dennehy."
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote