Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #11
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Mine was covered by my insurance. About 1/2 hour in the Dr office. Some discomfort nothing unbearable Suggest you get a bag of frozen peas. (they hold the cold beeter than ice cubes, have no corners and conform easily to the areas that need attention. )
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
I would def verify with Ins. You would think it would be covered since it's a one time procedure and less costly then children but birth control for women is NOT covered by Ins so I would say there is a chance this is not either. It is elective surgery after all.

Granted it's a 1 time fix-all and birth control for woman is an on-gong thing but most procedures for woman are not covered since they are elective.
Ah but the visits to the doctor are covered, just not the prescription. Hell, my girlfriend's just got her check-up/DEPO shot and it was completely covered. I'd imagine it depends on your insurance.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
I would def verify with Ins. You would think it would be covered since it's a one time procedure and less costly then children but birth control for women is NOT covered by Ins so I would say there is a chance this is not either. It is elective surgery after all.

Granted it's a 1 time fix-all and birth control for woman is an on-gong thing but most procedures for woman are not covered since they are elective.
My Birthcontrol has always been covered by insurance and I have had multiple insurance companies over the years.

I think it would also be kind of cruel to not tell her you are getting it done then make her think that you decided to have kids but you can't seem to get her pregnant (she will think it is her issue). I would be furious.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #14
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

hmm, I've only worked for 2 companies in the last 12 years and I guess I just got unlucky because the visit is covered yes but never the pills/etc.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #15
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

On the not telling scenario, I definitely wouldnt recommend it. Not only is it hateful and hurtful unnecessarily, but if you tell her up front there is no way in the world you will be having children with her, she can go her own way before things go ugly.

I know someone who got married, the guy told her he was all in for having a family with her (he'd been married and had a teenage son and daughter), they tried for years. One day, talking to a neighbor whod known her hubby for years, she found out he'd been snipped for years BEFORE he married her, he just hadnt said anything. Talk about shitty and a waste of her time and life.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
hmm, I've only worked for 2 companies in the last 12 years and I guess I just got unlucky because the visit is covered yes but never the pills/etc.
Same thing. I've had some really crappy ins before, so my doctor visits are covered, minus deductible, but prescriptions never are.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

If you can't tell your wife that your getting fixed you should be seeing a therapist or a divorce lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #18
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
If you can't tell your wife that your getting fixed you should be seeing a therapist or a divorce lawyer.
Have you not read Triple's posts before today?

T,

The memoir offer is still on the table.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
On the not telling scenario, I definitely wouldnt recommend it. Not only is it hateful and hurtful unnecessarily, but if you tell her up front there is no way in the world you will be having children with her, she can go her own way before things go ugly.

I know someone who got married, the guy told her he was all in for having a family with her (he'd been married and had a teenage son and daughter), they tried for years. One day, talking to a neighbor whod known her hubby for years, she found out he'd been snipped for years BEFORE he married her, he just hadnt said anything. Talk about shitty and a waste of her time and life.
Look, I hear what you are saying but Kathy and Rae, I know almost for certain that you both know girls that have gotten pregnant on purpose against a man's wishes. but I definitely wouldn't tell her until after the deed was done. he may as well spare himself the threats and the arguments that this will bring. No offense, but he already allowed himself to be beaten down once, there's no reason to believe that she can't do it again. Regardless, if he is certain that he wants to do this, he had better get the balls (haha) rolling ASAP!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Have you not read Triple's posts before today?
LOL

I love Triple threads; always interesting to read.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote