Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #711
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Folks, we have to be fair about this. The mods over there aren't power tripping or anything. They see leaving the forum as abandoning Rob and Nancy. Most have been with CF since the beginning and it's home. I doubt that any of them have been through a VS take-over before, so they have no frame of reference for it.

Odds are that the sale is contingent upon the mods sticking around for a while.
PC Speaks the truth.. We all have differring opinions of the VS takeover.

I applaud Rob for doing what he did. I would have done it much sooner than he so his dedication to his business and the community is extraordinary.

CF has been slowing down for some time now, and VS I believe was the last nail in the coffin for that community.

I'm just glad that a lot of the posters are now over here so we can all still get together and talk shit.

And dragonpaco, I'm glad I'm not modding any more. You all are a pain in the ass. :laughing:
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #712
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

I had been away from CF for a while, and had just come back right before the "takeover". I have been through a VS takeover with a few other boards, and watched those boards go to hell in a handbasket... I doubt I will ever go back to CF, but I do hope that Rob and family are able to take care of the situation they are in.

I don't even recoginze that place anymore... sad...
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #713
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
I had been away from CF for a while, and had just come back right before the "takeover". I have been through a VS takeover with a few other boards, and watched those boards go to hell in a handbasket... I doubt I will ever go back to CF, but I do hope that Rob and family are able to take care of the situation they are in.

I don't even recoginze that place anymore... sad...
its more like a graveyard now, just some chatter in the subforums and thats prety much it.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #714
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
CF has been slowing down for some time now, and VS I believe was the last nail in the coffin for that community.
I agree; it really seemed to die off after the server issues they had about a year ago (Fall '07). I think it was down for nearly a week, and once it came back up, it seemed like a bunch of people never found their way back.

Quote:
I had been away from CF for a while....
Yeah, where've ya been? Glad you're back!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #715
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Yeah, where've ya been? Glad you're back!
I had left because of some people on the board. Everytime I would post/reply, they would try and start shit with me over nothing...... got tired of it. I spoke with Rez about it and pretty much told him I wouldn't be back. He agree'd to keep my profile active incase I decided to venture back in. So some time went by, I bought a new bike, got busy riding, and then popped in one day. There was a large number of people, with whom I used to speak, already gone... I used to use that place for lots of knowledge and entertainment... seems as if both headed out like a fetus...
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #716
James
aka Reyn

Moto: General Lee Bigwheel!

I always thought that people made the community, not the server it sits on. Over the last few weeks, some people have shown a side that I didn't expect to see...
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #717
neebelung

Quote:
I had left because of some people on the board. Everytime I would post/reply, they would try and start shit with me over nothing...... got tired of it. I spoke with Rez about it and pretty much told him I wouldn't be back. He agree'd to keep my profile active incase I decided to venture back in. So some time went by, I bought a new bike, got busy riding, and then popped in one day. There was a large number of people, with whom I used to speak, already gone... I used to use that place for lots of knowledge and entertainment... seems as if both headed out like a fetus...
Ahhhhh, I see... Well, we're glad you're back. *hug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I always thought that people made the community, not the server it sits on. Over the last few weeks, some people have shown a side that I didn't expect to see...
I agree, it's definitely the people. But a site's staff is also a part of those "people," and can greatly affect the overall tone and attitude of the forum.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #718
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Ahhhhh, I see... Well, we're glad you're back. *hug*

I agree, it's definitely the people. But a site's staff is also a part of those "people," and can greatly affect the overall tone and attitude of the forum.
isnt it the staff that kinda sets the tone. I know in the NY forum brett kinda let us do what we wanted but we also kept in line ourselves so we had a good thing.

I dont know if I realy get this whole true colors thing people are referring to.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #719
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
isnt it the staff that kinda sets the tone. I know in the NY forum brett kinda let us do what we wanted but we also kept in line ourselves so we had a good thing.
And from day 1, that's how we decided to run this place. Even with the added CF'er traffic, there's VERY little moderating needed here, and we like it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I dont know if I realy get this whole true colors thing people are referring to.

Tom
Eh, I don't either. The people that made CF what it was (as in, fun, entertaining, etc....) are for the most part HERE now, so that site doesn't even really exist to me anymore.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #720
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
And from day 1, that's how we decided to run this place. Even with the added CF'er traffic, there's VERY little moderating needed here, and we like it that way.

Eh, I don't either. The people that made CF what it was (as in, fun, entertaining, etc....) are for the most part HERE now, so that site doesn't even really exist to me anymore.

I think the true colors comment is more directed at Stew. It seems as though he tells Mods one thing, then turns around and does another and doesn't tell the people what actually happens, so the Mods look like asshats, eventhough they are not.