Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
If you cant build'em, buy'em

And then run them into the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Sorry man. I dropped out because I realized I'm not smart enough to continue. So I thought I'd read and learn. You're way smarter than me.

I'm not against Harley's. That being said, the only way I can see Harley helping MV is marketing. Any other contribution, especially in the realm of technology and design, will cause MV to suffer, far as I can tell.
yea right,I just ain't smart enough to know when to quit!

I agree with you about Harley. Everyone seems to want MV to sell more bikes but if they started selling 50,000 bikes a year,it wouldn't be the same bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #83
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
it wouldn't be the same bike.
why not? if harley magically pulls a marketing miracle, and they start selling 50k bikes a year, without changing a thing to the actual bike or price, whats wrong with that?
Old 07-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #84
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
why not? if harley magically pulls a marketing miracle, and they start selling 50k bikes a year, without changing a thing to the actual bike or price, whats wrong with that?
Oh I don't know,right now MV is a boutique bike basically,like Bimota almost. I'd imagine the bikes carefully hand assembled from parts that are doubly inspected for quality and precision. I'm not sure you can retain that level of quality if you go mass production. I read somewhere once that some of the people that work in assembly have been there for decades and they only produce a few bikes a day. I'm not sure they could maintain that level of quality if they tried to make ten times as many,that's all.....
Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #85
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

I'm catchin what you're throwin. Some things need to remain rare to remain special and unique. Don't want MV to become the next GSXR (no offense Tigger). Why? In my mind, the GSXR is a great bike PACKED with technology and innovation, not to mention reliability. But when you think of a GSXR, do you think of that technology and innovation, or do you just breeze over it because it's "another Gixxer?" If I started a thread on my new GSXR, I would bet most of the replies would be "congrats!" or "nice bike." If I started a thread on my new MV, I'd get replies asking questions, requests for more pics, oogles, praises and jealousy.

If I see 3 bikes on the road, two are R1's and the 3rd is an MV, I'm gonna stop and admire the MV. I'm going to ask questions about it, picture myself riding it. Concentrate on it's details and beauty. Do the R1's have mostly the same tech? Sure. "But you don't see one of these everyday!"

Not only that, but as Tigger said, staying small keeps the quality high for MV. They have a reputation to uphold and if they fail to uphold it, they loose their business....that is....until they have the shelter of a larger company to take away that risk. They've been around since the 40's and seem to have a pretty good handle on how things are done.

Now, Harley can't FORCE them to sell, so if they choose to (or if they've chosen to), then that is the new direction they wish the business to take. I just hope they remain small and rare. Some things are meant to be expensive and exotic. Some things are meant to be had only by the few.

Last edited by Audiomechanic; 07-15-2008 at 10:45 PM..
Audiomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #86
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Do MVs usually sell for more than MSRP, MSRP, or less than MSRP?

I honestly don't know.

If they sell at or just below MSRP, then I'd say MV has found the pricing equilibrium. If that's the case, producing more bikes priced the same won't sell more bikes. They might sell a FEW more simply because there is an extra bike or two on the floor at any given time and might catch a buyer who would otherwise not buy.

More bikes produced WOULD reduce the rarity of the bike. I agree completely. The question is whether rarity is profitable. If they can double the production of a niche bike, but still have small enough numbers, they might be able to have their cake and eat it too.

I'd say that MV would love to have both long term, high quality assemblers as well as any upgrades or modernization of the factory that would help them to produce the same or higher quality bikes more efficiently. Again, they can have their cake and eat it too.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 AM   #87
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/community.html
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagu...F4_1078RR.html
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/07_F4_CC.html

Details,details,details...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 050920071646017890.jpg (30.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 050920071646013669.jpg (30.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 050920071646012414.jpg (38.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 050920071646012702.jpg (30.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg F4RR_312_RFred.jpg (20.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg F4CC_10.jpg (23.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg F4CC_09.jpg (23.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg F4CC_06.jpg (20.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg F4CC_05.jpg (18.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg F4CC_02.jpg (22.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 07-16-2008 at 01:58 AM..
Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #88
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Do MVs usually sell for more than MSRP, MSRP, or less than MSRP?

I honestly don't know.

If they sell at or just below MSRP, then I'd say MV has found the pricing equilibrium. If that's the case, producing more bikes priced the same won't sell more bikes. They might sell a FEW more simply because there is an extra bike or two on the floor at any given time and might catch a buyer who would otherwise not buy.
They sell at MSRP. Now and then I'd see a clearance bike that sells a thousand or so less than MSRP but usually you don't negotiate when you buy an MV Agusta.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote