Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default Team Texas Tech3!!! ben and colin........

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...t-tech3-in-10/

American rider Colin Edwards has agreed terms to again race for the Tech3 Yamaha team in MotoGP in 2010 with fellow Texan Ben Spies now appearing as his most likely teammate.

Team Texas at Tech3 Yamaha is now clearly on the agenda with Spies making a late season charge as leader of the Superbike World Championship.

The Edwards deal, and Yamaha's plan to place Spies in MotoGP when he wins the SBK title, means that James Toseland's future is up in the air.

Spies is guaranteed a MotoGP place with Yamaha in 2011 but next year is more likely with Tech3 boss Herve Poncharal told by Yamaha to keep one bike free for Spies next year.

Briton Toseland, like Edwards a former two-time SBK champion, now has few options other than the mad scramble for a Pramac Ducati gig or a return to Superbikes.

"I'm not goinganywhere -- you guys have got to put up with me one more year," Edwards said as he left Misano after the San Marino GP.

"I'm heading home to Texas and I'm going to the break pretty much knowing what I'm doing next year, and I don't have to spend three weeks figuring that out so I'm happy. Going home to get fit, get strong, and be ready for the next race in Estoril.

"It's been a great team this year. My crew chief is awesome, the team owner Herve Poncharal is a great guy, so the whole package fits so why change it? Herve wanted me to stay, we just had to get the funding right.

"This feels like a reward for what I've done, I've ridden my arse off this year but then I ride my arse off every year. I enjoy doing what I'm doing and that's the motivating thing; when you enjoy it is easy to stay motivated."
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote