Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders

Old 12-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
mondos06cbr1000
Kneedragger

Moto: 2006 CBR1000RR
Default motorcycle store in Georgia?

Hey guys,

I know its been a while since I've been on but I've been at the Infantry Officer school down here at fort benning in GA. I'm wondering if there are any good motorcycle stores around here where I can get my girlfriend fitted for a leather jacket.

Like i said, im around the fort benning / columbus area and we are going to be driving home for xmas so we will be going through parts of south and north carolina, but Id prefer to find somewhere around here, even in Atlanta

Im looking for a race type shop...not a squid shop which is all they have here near Fort Benning.

thanks guys

Full Akra TI Evo / Hex Canister, PC-III custom map, BMC Race filters, Woodcraft Rearsets, Pazzo Levers, OEM Cowl Seat, Flapper Mod, Sporttech windscreen
Pirelli DCIII's 190/55, Flushmounts, Jardine Fender Eliminator, EBC brake pads

1995 XR250R- Dirt Toy

Delta CO 181 Infantry
mondos06cbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

They probably have a cycle gear in atlanta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Motions in Marietta on Cobb Parkway has a decent selection. I personally don't like the shop, but they have lots of gear. If you are headed home on 285, take the Cobb Parkway exit and go north for a couple of miles.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

If you are coming down I-85 then you pass a few stores along the way.

First Two you'll come to is in Braselton off GA53. If you take a right off the exit(Assuming you are headed south) and go up about 1 mile you'll run into a Suzuki/Yamaha dealership. Probably not much of a selection but right off the interstate. Or if you take a left off the exit and go down about 5 miles (Don't mind the scarecrows) you'll see a Kawasaki place on your left on GA53. I haven't been in there but I heard they have a decent selection.

Now continuing down I-85 you'll come to GA20 which is where the Mall of Georgia is. This is about 10miles out of the way but it's a Cycle Gear and worth it. Dianese, Frank Thomas, Joe Rocket, Alpinestar, etc, is available in the store. But head south on GA20 until you get to GA316 (You'll pass a Polaris/Suzuki/Can-am dealership on your right but they have very little) and head west (You'll take a right). You'll go to Collins Hill road which will be the next redlight down and take a left. You'll see a Honda/Yamaha place off to your left before you get to the light. They have some Joe Rocket stuff but most Honda themed. If you want to give them a try they are the first left off of GA316. But go down a little bit more and you'll see a Walmart on your right. Turn into the Walmart shopping center and you'll see Cycle Gear in the little shopping center.

When done there hop back on GA316 and head west and you'll spit right back out on I-85.

Too bad you weren't coming down about 2 weeks ago. Atlanta Triumph Ducati closed down and had some sweet deals on some Dianese leathers. It was also surrounded by whore houses and strip clubs so your girlfriend and yourself could have had a great time in our Highway to Hell district.

That's about it when it comes to places not too far out of your way. And I'm not too sure about the southside.

Now if you find something you want at the Lawrenceville cycle gear but they don't have it. There are 2 more Cycle Gears not too far out of the way so you can check those out.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #5
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

There is a Cycle Gear on Hwy 41 (Cobb Pkwy) just north of I-285 on the north end. Hwy 41 (Cobb Pkwy) is just west of I-75 where they cross the north end of I-285.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
mondos06cbr1000
Kneedragger

Moto: 2006 CBR1000RR

nice I have never been to a cycle gear. Never heard of it. Im at fort benning right now, and have been here since october, im driving back up to massachusetts over xmas for 2 weeks and then im coming back down here. So ill have to check them out. How are their prices?

Full Akra TI Evo / Hex Canister, PC-III custom map, BMC Race filters, Woodcraft Rearsets, Pazzo Levers, OEM Cowl Seat, Flapper Mod, Sporttech windscreen
Pirelli DCIII's 190/55, Flushmounts, Jardine Fender Eliminator, EBC brake pads

1995 XR250R- Dirt Toy

Delta CO 181 Infantry
mondos06cbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Cyclegear has average prices and usually keeps everything right at MSRP. But when they have a sale they have a F'n sale. They should have an after Christmas sale and currently are having a Christmas sale.

www.cyclegear.com

They should list the for sale items. If there is something specific you let me know. I have a few of their sale brochures at my house and I can take a peak.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Cyclegear has average prices and usually keeps everything right at MSRP. But when they have a sale they have a F'n sale. They should have an after Christmas sale and currently are having a Christmas sale.

www.cyclegear.com

They should list the for sale items. If there is something specific you let me know. I have a few of their sale brochures at my house and I can take a peak.

They will negotiate on the price in the store, but you have to ask. I've brought in competitor pricing for the same product and they have price matched.

They also give MSF discounts.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
Looni2ns
Crazy Lady Rider

Moto: '05 SV650S "Baby", '00 Bandit 600S "Rita", '87 EX500 (track)

There's a bike shop in Newnan. Not sure about their selection of gear, but if you take the main exit off I-85, heading toward town, you go to the second or third light (look for the by-pass sign), turn right, and it's on the left about a mile down the road. The other alternative is the CycleGear shops in ATL. There's one in Marietta on Cobb Pkwy., Alpharetta on Roswell Rd., and Lawrenceville off 316 and Collins Hill Rd. The one in Lawrenceville has the best selection of women's gear. Nikki Yarnell, the manager, sees to that.
Looni2ns is offline   Reply With Quote