http://content.time.com/time/nation/...173414,00.html

Related content:

http://forums.menshealth.com/topic/6...7212688?page=1
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

This has always been my argument, I am glad to see that it might actually have it's day in court. If a woman can have sex and be free to end it without any consultation of the father, the father should also be free to not be apart of it if she decides to keep it. Both should be equally free to be as irresponsible about sex if they choose to be that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

It would prevent a lot of this...

http://www.stopforcedabortions.org/d...dAbortions.pdf

Also, I don't agree that wanting or having an abortion means a person is acting irresponsibly about sex. I can personally attest that shit happens even when appropriate precautions have been taken.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

If you are going to play, there could be consequences unless you seek permanent solutions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
It would prevent a lot of this...

http://www.stopforcedabortions.org/d...dAbortions.pdf

Also, I don't agree that wanting or having an abortion means a person is acting irresponsibly about sex. I can personally attest that shit happens even when appropriate precautions have been taken.
There is someone I know of that had 3-5 abortions. She must not like condoms or kids. Someone should just tie her tubes. It should save time and money.

I don't really agree with all of this. Allowing some idiot to knock up woman and say, "Um, I don't want it. Have fun. Later!".

What ever happened to manning up and taking responsibility?

Use condoms, buy your own (or check them over well. But I say it is safer to buy your own).

In the first link she said she couldn't have any because of medical reasons. He shouldn't have took the chances. You don't want any? Then take every precaution you can.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What ever happened to manning up and taking responsibility?
A woman is legally allowed to terminate a pregnancy regardless of whether or not the father wants the child.

I don't think a father should have any legal say in whether or not a woman submits to an abortion, but he shouldn't be left completely powerless in the situation, either. If a woman thinks she is too young to have a baby, if she's worried that she won't be able to finish college with a child, if she feels she just isn't cut out for motherhood, etc... she can legally opt out. If a man experiences these same feelings but the woman wants to keep the child, he must legally commit to 18 or more years of financial support (at a minimum).

Men currently have no say in these matters and it isn't fair. I also believe that not having any means of legally opting out of child support leads to most of the forced/coerced abortions detailed in my other link. Let the crazy/selfish/whatever guy walk and he won't bully you to the clinic.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:34 PM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Condoms. What are those says the the welfare community.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

You know I would tend to agree with the majority here, if there wasn't a huge disparity in the risks involved between the man and woman. Getting trapped by a woman who claimed she couldn't get pregnant? Well you really didn't do anything to protect yourself from disease, did you? the whole 'consequences' thing works both ways.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
You know I would tend to agree with the majority here, if there wasn't a huge disparity in the risks involved between the man and woman. Getting trapped by a woman who claimed she couldn't get pregnant? Well you really didn't do anything to protect yourself from disease, did you? the whole 'consequences' thing works both ways.
Except it doesn't, if she doesn't like the consequences then she can have an abortion. There are risks of it ending bad, but both parties took risks of getting diseases by sleeping with each other. The world is nothing but a risk. Hell there are much more risks having the kid.

Condoms aren't always effective as well.

You should be able to relinquish your rights as a parent/provider without the woman's consent if you are going to allow a woman to do the same without your consent. It definitely needs to be restricted to where you can only do it in a certain early time window where the woman can abort if she feels she cannot keep the child without the financial support of the father. Well that is unless the woman keeps it hidden from the man during this window, then the man gets another opportunity to opt out due to her attempt to hide it from him and collect.

Last edited by Trip; 03-31-2014 at 09:43 AM..
Old 03-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

One word to avoid ALL of this: Anal.

And for you freaks: Painal.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote