Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja
Default If that's not good enough:

Answer B:

Tag on license plate.

Answer C:

Cops have computers. Run the tag; if it comes up "approved for personal liberty / head trauma", don't pull him over.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Anyone who's ever watched MotoGP, and seen them braking for a turn with the back tire in the air should be able to figure out what wheel is doing most of the braking.

Again: Physics. It's the law.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

derf & avatard

Mr "Red" lives in CO and wants to do what he wants and how he wants to do it. He feels everything is under control when he has the bars and he is willing to take his chances.

Mr Blue races ( vintage ) and is a ATGATT guy.

( derf is correct, the helmet stats listed aren't totally true. but hey, he was on a roll )

I see both sides and fully respect both sides. I live in PA where helmets are optional. I never leave my driveway without leather jacket, full face helmet, boots and gloves. My choice and that's what I want to wear when I ride.

If you wish to ride without gear that improves your chances of survival, feel free to do so. Also make sure you have all your ducks in a row in case some inattentive person takes you out.

I don't want the .gov telling me what to do, I should be responsible for my own well being.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Here's my deal, if you are riding without a helmet and get hit by a car and die then car driver becomes a killer instead of just an ass hat who hit a biker and injured him/her. So does that mean that car driver is responsible for your life when you could have (possibly) prevented your own death by wearing a helmet? That's where it gets messy IMO. Heather has had a lot of time to think about whose fault each and every aspect of the crash is when a car hits a bike. Waaay too much time.

Last edited by HurricaneHeather; 07-05-2011 at 11:36 AM..
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Here's my deal, if you are riding without a helmet and get hit by a car and die then car driver becomes a killer instead of just an ass hat who hit a biker and injured him/her. So does that mean that car driver is responsible for your life when you could have (possibly) prevented your own death by wearing a helmet? That's where it gets messy IMO. Heather has had a lot of time to think about whose fault each and every aspect of the crash is when a car hits a bike. Waaay too much time.
Too many variable to prove there. Depends on who was at fault and was their death due to a closed head injury, its also tough to prove that a helmet may have saved them.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
If the car didn't hit the guy, then nobody would have died... Pay attention.

It's like saying, 'well, he would have lived if he wouldn't have crossed the street'... NO, the asshat running playing Angry Birds on his phone while digging in his balls and eating a Big Mac should have been paying attention.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
If the car didn't hit the guy, then nobody would have died... Pay attention.

It's like saying, 'well, he would have lived if he wouldn't have crossed the street'... NO, the asshat running playing Angry Birds on his phone while digging in his balls and eating a Big Mac should have been paying attention.
No, clearly the family of the person riding the motorcycle should sue the person that created Angry Birds, McDonalds and the hooker that gave him crabs....

/kidding

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No, clearly the family of the person riding the motorcycle should sue the person that created Angry Birds, McDonalds and the hooker that gave him crabs....

/kidding
touche`
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

/kidding
its the american way, its always someone elses fault
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #10
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Valentino still races minimoto every year at ZPF, where he got his start.

Small bikes are a well known "secret" among racers, for staying sharp. MUCH more reactive than a fullsize, and everything is amplified, in terms of dynamics.

Get on the big bike, and it just seems like slo-mo by comparison. It seems it can do nothing to surprise you, and you just feel like you're pushing around a motorhome.

If the fiddy flips your skirt up, you should try an Italian racing minimoto. It's even lower to the ground, and reacts just that much faster. Once you learn to dominate one, a big bike can only seem slow to react by comparison.