Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #31
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

How about having tube tieing facilities around every corner like these fast service dentist companies. Bitches need to stop having loads blown into them.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #32
goof2
AMA Supersport

Compared to being compelled by force of law to pay for a kid I don't want for the next 18 years? Fuck yeah, where the vasectomies at!

In all seriousness I likely couldn't deny support even if the option was available (I can't know for sure without being in the situation). The value I see in this option is many of the dudes who would jump at that chance aren't going to pay support anyway.

At least the woman has to face the fact that she will need to manage without that support instead of counting on support that isn't coming. It forces a very in-her-face assessment of the situation. If that results in a decision to abort or give up the baby the net of it is likely 2 people better off instead of 3 shitty lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'm not going to change my mind. You aren't going to change yours. I'd like to hear what the women have to say.
Don't think there are any left.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #33
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I'm not going to change my mind. You aren't going to change yours. I'd like to hear what the women have to say.
I don't think the way I like has a chance in hell of ever happening anyway.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #34
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Don't think there are any left.
Doubtful, but it was worth a mention. There may be four of us left, in total.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Doubtful, but it was worth a mention. There may be four of us left, in total.
Yeah, as it only costs me about $8 a year to keep it up, I have no reason to take it down.

It's hosted on the same server as I run a bunch of other sites on that I plan to keep up, so hosting isn't an issue either.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Okay, here's the deal.... I personally got fixed to avoid this situation but I agree with Trip in that if the man wishes to opt out of the situation, he should be able to. Perhaps by paying for 1/2 of the abortion fee? If the woman CHOOSES, (because it's all about choice, right?), to have the child anyway, she MUST have decided that she can afford it. All this talk about shared responsibility is all well and good but it's never going to be an equal situation. Do most men in this scenario have a chance in hell of having full custody of the child? How about he gets the kid and she pays support? After the child is born, he goes with the parent with the best resources... I don't know but this situation isn't even close to fair in any way.

The man's choices;

1. Have sex or not

2. Use condom or not

The women's choices;

1. Have sex or not

2. Use condom or not

3. Be on the pill or not

4. Several other forms of birth control or not

5. Day after pill or not

6. Abortion or not

7. Adoption or not

How is this even close to equitable?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #37
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay, here's the deal.... I personally got fixed to avoid this situation but I agree with Trip in that if the man wishes to opt out of the situation, he should be able to. Perhaps by paying for 1/2 of the abortion fee? If the woman CHOOSES, (because it's all about choice, right?), to have the child anyway, she MUST have decided that she can afford it. All this talk about shared responsibility is all well and good but it's never going to be an equal situation. Do most men in this scenario have a chance in hell of having full custody of the child? How about he gets the kid and she pays support? After the child is born, he goes with the parent with the best resources... I don't know but this situation isn't even close to fair in any way.

The man's choices;

1. Have sex or not

2. Use condom or not

The women's choices;

1. Have sex or not

2. Use condom or not

3. Be on the pill or not

4. Several other forms of birth control or not

5. Day after pill or not

6. Abortion or not

7. Adoption or not

How is this even close to equitable?
OK, you've listed the choices, but now you can go ahead and list the possible ramifications.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
OK, you've listed the choices, but now you can go ahead and list the possible ramifications.
You do realize the new battleground of abortion is being able to admit women into hospitals fast. Democrats say you don't need that shit for abortion, Republicans are saying you do because it's an easy way to shut down a lot of clinics because they don't have the ability to quick admit. Abortion is not nearly on the same level as getting your balls snipped. It is at least on par or safer than going full term. Using the dangers of abortion is meaningless because they face something just as dangerous regardless of if they do the procedure or not.

The inequality of parental rights is a great point as well. The inequality doesn't stop once it is no longer "her body," it continues well into the child's life. That's horseshit. A father is just as qualified to raise a child as any mother. Half custody should be mandatory unless one party is incompetent.

Last edited by Trip; 04-09-2014 at 06:57 AM..
Old 04-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #39
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You do realize the new battleground of abortion is being able to admit women into hospitals fast. Democrats say you don't need that shit for abortion, Republicans are saying you do because it's an easy way to shut down a lot of clinics because they don't have the ability to quick admit. Abortion is not nearly on the same level as getting your balls snipped. It is at least on par or safer than going full term. Using the dangers of abortion is meaningless because they face something just as dangerous regardless of if they do the procedure or not.

The inequality of parental rights is a great point as well. The inequality doesn't stop once it is no longer "her body," it continues well into the child's life. That's horseshit. A father is just as qualified to raise a child as any mother. Half custody should be mandatory unless one party is incompetent.
And yet the father doesn't face all of the physical risks that a woman does.

I used vasectomies as an example simply because is the reproductive angle, not because of any sort of parity. Vasectomies are actually much safer than even so-called safe abortions. Complications are minimal. I was going for the emotional attachment that most guys, especially those who would put their selfish desires over the safety and health of a woman, have to their balls

Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #40
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
And yet the father doesn't face all of the physical risks that a woman does.

I used vasectomies as an example simply because is the reproductive angle, not because of any sort of parity. Vasectomies are actually much safer than even so-called safe abortions. Complications are minimal. I was going for the emotional attachment that most guys, especially those who would put their selfish desires over the safety and health of a woman, have to their balls
It's her body, she makes the decisions for it. She will have to go through medical procedures regardless. The woman put herself in that situation as much as the man and she holds the cards for everything that goes into it. The man is completely divorced from the situation, he should be able to divorce himself from the situation entirely in a timely manner before birth. She will have to go through a severe life changing trauma regardless of her decision. There is no other option. Talking about the medical aspect of abortion is completely meaningless because even if she doesn't do it, she still has to go through pregnancy which has the potential to be far far more devastating.