Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600
Default Need Brake Help

Ok, so I had the front brakes bled a few weeks ago, as many of you know, Im a rear braker. I know its bad, blah blah, I dont give a crap, its what works for me. I have been trying to adjust to using the front brakes more, thus having them bled since they were spongy as hell.

I've gone a couple hundred miles since I had them bled and they seemed to have been working fine, however today I went out for a lil 120 mile run and noticed they were spongy again. No big deal I thought, I just adjusted the dial on the lever in case someone had played with it again and dropped it down. Fast forward to this evening on my way home, I couldnt use my rear brake due to an ankle injury and upon trying to use my front brakes, they were almost nil! I had to engine brake all the way home.

I leave everything stock for the most part on my bike, so I have never replaced brake lines or played with any of that, and other than getting it serviced and lil things being done (like bleeding the brakes and changing the oil) I've never messed with it.

Can anyone tell me what the issue might be and how I might fix it? Do bike brakes function like cars and get leaks that could compromise the system and allow air in?

I've got a track day coming up this next weekend so I need to knock it out ASAP.

Thanks in advance for the assist.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote