Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 05-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

The Genesis made me grin when I drove one. Take one for a test drive for shits and giggles
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

101. It saddens me to be at the point I am with gm. Especially when I have 2 retired family members from there. So no, camaro isn't an option.

Osp. Ya know. That has always been a dream but where would I stop. Further, I want reliable. Stop would be an old muscle car with new frame, suspension, and fi motor. Its been done many times but not for my price range.

I may check the genesis. Different day, as wife and I have plans later.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
101. It saddens me to be at the point I am with gm. Especially when I have 2 retired family members from there. So no, camaro isn't an option.

I'm with you, I'm just not impressed by the quality of american vehicles, I've bought a bunch and it seems that japanese cars just seem to last longer without any problems.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:

Osp. Ya know. That has always been a dream but where would I stop. Further, I want reliable. Stop would be an old muscle car with new frame, suspension, and fi motor. Its been done many times but not for my price range.

I may check the genesis. Different day, as wife and I have plans later.
I've seen it on the road quite a few times and it is definitely a sharp looking car. Not too many of them so you wont see yourself coming and going. I personally thing the mustang is a better value but if american cars are off your list and you want a new car the Genesis is worth a look. Have you considered used G37's?
The only issue with those is that you are automatically a deuschebag as soon as you turn the engine on and the only station that comes through on the radio is club music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'm with you, I'm just not impressed by the quality of american vehicles, I've bought a bunch and it seems that japanese cars just seem to last longer without any problems.
Don't get it twisted... I'm nixxing off all american cars just GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I've seen it on the road quite a few times and it is definitely a sharp looking car. Not too many of them so you wont see yourself coming and going. I personally thing the mustang is a better value but if american cars are off your list and you want a new car the Genesis is worth a look. Have you considered used G37's?
The only issue with those is that you are automatically a deuschebag as soon as you turn the engine on and the only station that comes through on the radio is club music.
Now you're tracking. I don't want to see myself coming & going. That's why I don't want a mustang and perhaps the same reason why I don't want a challenger (that & the price for the model I want, RT Classic).

As I said, just GM is off my list. But even used GM is off my list. I will never own, support, or buy anything GM. Sucks cause I like old 70's GM muscle and corvettes. Perhaps later in time I will consider used stuff, but not now.

G37... hmmm, looks like a Genesis.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
101. It saddens me to be at the point I am with gm. Especially when I have 2 retired family members from there. So no, camaro isn't an option. ...
Why the sudden change? Are you trying to get GM to buy your car back? Also, you did buy a Trailblazer and a Cobalt (HHR), not the top of the line GM products. lol

I've owned a 2008 STS Caddy, which was my fav. vehicle of all the vehicles I've owned. The powertrain, smoothness and quietness was just done right. Japan just doesn't have the feel that the bigger American cars do on the freeway.

I think the Genesis looks like a Altima copy with a bad rear side window layout. The interior is only OK. I know three guys that work for Hyundai in Irvine...they tell me Hyundai really only cares about how the car looks...quality is a distant second. They also don't understand how cars even get to market as the Koreans are a strange bunch.

If you are worried about reliability, get a Honda with a manual transmission such as an Accord.

The Mazda 3 IMO has too underassisted steering. VW seems to be the best in terms of steering, braking and chassis. I'd say get a GTI and an ext. warranty.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-15-2011 at 01:58 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The Mazda 3 IMO has too underassisted steering. VW seems to be the best in terms of steering, braking and chassis. I'd say get a GTI and an ext. warranty.
Disagree with Mazda steering assist.
Agree that the GTI is nice and the motor is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

GM=the suck

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #9
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewpy View Post
GM=the suck
Drewpy=the punk

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

RX8 for your area = suck. Burn a lot of oil, suck in the cold, suck in the snow/ice, and no power till redline.

I'd go w/the speed3. Love that car, and if I was car shopping for myself, that would for sure be on the short list. I know you can get programing to give you full power in the first 3 gears too, not sure if that would be helpful though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Fuck new... Take your 30 g's and buy an old, restored muscle car.
Truth...

Quote:
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote