Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Shark Review!!!

I went for a 100 miles today wearing the RSF helmet today and I must say that it is very quiet,light and comfortable. I've owned all of the major brands of helmets and the shield mechanism is the best hands down! Even Scorpion's set-up can't compete! Because the ratchet is "spring loaded" when you push the button the shield pops off on it's own. The load also causes the shield to "suck in" when the shield is closed for an almost perfect seal. Aerodynamics are outstanding! At 150 mph,I could turn my head any direction I chose without lift or buffeting. The coolest aero-trait was it didn't matter what angle my head was at,the helmet always felt "neutral"

The negatives are as follows; venting could be better (but noise would suffer) and there are NO provisions for speakers which made installing my radar detector system a fucking pain! A weird complaint I have is the placement of the chin strap retaining snap. It's right on my Adam's apple and sucks to snap.

Exterior paint and interior padding is what you would expect from a premium helmet. Excellent! I anticipate the arrival of my S800 and RSX models on Thursday!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote