Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #41
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So, you guys are going to avoid eating chicken, eggs, and beef, simply because those animals eat a lot of corn? Please.

If so, then go right ahead and eat seafood for breakfast, lunch, and dinner........And die of mercury poisoning instead

Jesus, and you guys give ME a hard time for whining about cancerous grilling hydrocarbons
No, I'm not, especially since I developed a shellfish allergy a month ago,

We're trying to locate sources of meat that are more natural. I do not wish to eat animals that have wallowed around in their own feces and fed shit food until they are nearly dead. I'm fortunate because I grew up on a cattle ranch that is family owned. I can have a cow slaughtered (as soon as I get a deep freezer) that has been entirely grass/hay fed and given no antibiotics or other chemicals at all.

As far as chicken goes I haven't found a solution. The whole chickens at the local mexican meat markets are higher quality than Pilgrim's Pride and of various sizes with normal sized breasts...but i still don't know where they came from.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #42
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

That's cool. Are some brands of meat saying that they are grass-fed on the label?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #43
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
That's cool. Are some brands of meat saying that they are grass-fed on the label?
If they're out there I can't find them. Not even at Central Market. Unless you count the $49.99 per lb Kobe beef they sell, lol. I can, however, buy bison that is raised locally (on Ross Perot's land I believe) and grass/hay fed. Its quite good, and much more lean than a similar cut of beef.

Have you guys ever ridden by an industrial chicken house complex or cattle fed lot? I did in NC and CO....goddamn worst smell I've ever encountered in both cases.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #44
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

On the subject of corn or grass-fed beef...is there any regulation about them? If not, then who's to say a farmer doesn't feed corn to his cows or chickens most of the time, but give them grass or hay once or twice in their life. Hell, I can say a cow was grass fed if I fed it grass one time in it's life, then charge more for the meat. So are there regulations to it?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #45
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Any of you guys ever taken advantage of that Omaha Steaks junk mail? The one where they claim they are the source of top restaurants around the country? Assuming it's not a load of BS, I figure you could get a bunch of their shit delivered and then quit.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #46
AquaPython
put it THIS way

what kind of beef do you think restaurants use? corn fed beef.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #47
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Are you serious? Try this...no high frutcose corn syrup..

Tuna
Eggs
Cottage Cheeze
Rice
Pasta
Fruit
Vegetables
Chicken
Beef

I could go on......The problem is if someone only likes sugary shit, he will that is the only thing available.

If you want something sweet use Dextrose, Maltodextin or Stevia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
Umm NO.

you wish it was that simple . foods that are only "sugary shit". time to wake up.

if you have never left the country, chances are you have NEVER eaten beef that was not raised SOLELY on, you guessed it..... C O R N.

most chicken, easily accessible, fed C O R N

even though this story in the OP is about HFCS - the REAL story is a bit larger. corn is used for EVERYTHING. HFCS is the widest used, nastiest culprit.

take a look at this and tell me if these ingredients look at all familiar to you:

http://www.cornallergens.com/list/co...table-list.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Aquapython already covered this, so yea.

101, dude, I thought you were supposed to be some sort of nutrition expert...you mean to tell me you didn't already know this stuff?

101 said that those ingredients are free from HFCS and he was right.

The corn vs grass feed argument is another debate all together.

Most animals that are fed a corn based diet are also pumped full of steroids, antibiotics, hormones, etc.

By buying organic meat that does not contain pharmaceuticals you stand a better chance of avoiding those that were raised on a corn diet.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #48
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Any of you guys ever taken advantage of that Omaha Steaks junk mail? The one where they claim they are the source of top restaurants around the country? Assuming it's not a load of BS, I figure you could get a bunch of their shit delivered and then quit.
I've received Omaha Steaks before as gifts and they were pretty good, but they are damn expensive. I'm talking $25/lb+ for ribeye or $30/lb+ for filet mignon expensive. Those prices are also before shipping charges. I'm not willing to pay restaurant prices for mail order steak.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #49
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Find an organic butcher or farm around you.

Around here I've found two farms that offer grass fed meat and all sorts of organic goodness. They have a shop right at the farm. It's pricier but well worth it.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #50
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
101 said that those ingredients are free from HFCS and he was right.

The corn vs grass feed argument is another debate all together.

Most animals that are fed a corn based diet are also pumped full of steroids, antibiotics, hormones, etc.

By buying organic meat that does not contain pharmaceuticals you stand a better chance of avoiding those that were raised on a corn diet.
My name is Shmike.

I always post in short, single-sentence paragraphs.

they are separated by a single line.

Often times i will say person X is right and person Y is wrong.