Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I'm running all Polk speakers. Don't remember the model. They were solid speakers when I bought them several years ago.

I could use a reciever upgrade. But I'll buy a few other things first.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like some nice towers. I'm curious though how a pair of towers compares to a bookshelf and good sub combo. If you all have them, and sticking with Klipsch, how does a pair of RB-51s and an RW-10d or XW-300d sound in comparison. Working from MSRP those two options would bracket the RF-82 in price.
I forgot to check the model but I compared the bookshelf Klipsch and sub to the RF82's with and without sub. The bookshelf speakers sound good but they don't compare. I didn't want tower speakers but these sound so good to me. My wife stopped into work and I played every set we had hooked up and for music she liked the RF82's the best. That surprised me. I didn't think she would notice or care. She also said that she heard things in those that are missing in the truck. That's why I want to do a small upgrades to the truck.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #33
Flexin
AMA Supersport

We have Polk, Energy, Sony and Harmon/Kardon at work along with the Klipsch.

James
Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #34
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

I gotta remember to bookmark this thread. I just dumped my 15-year-old tv for an LCD (LG 47LH40), and I need to upgrade to surround one of these days. Yeah, I'm waaaay behind the times here.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #35
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I gotta remember to bookmark this thread. I just dumped my 15-year-old tv for an LCD (LG 47LH40), and I need to upgrade to surround one of these days. Yeah, I'm waaaay behind the times here.
I gotta upgrade the bedroom tv here soon. Probly go with a 32" LCD.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #36
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I gotta upgrade the bedroom tv here soon. Probly go with a 32" LCD.
I got one of those too, so I can play the xbox in the other room. I gave up trying to compete for TV time in the living room.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #37
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I got one of those too, so I can play the xbox in the other room. I gave up trying to compete for TV time in the living room.
Thats a tough battle sometimes.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #38
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I forgot to check the model but I compared the bookshelf Klipsch and sub to the RF82's with and without sub. The bookshelf speakers sound good but they don't compare. I didn't want tower speakers but these sound so good to me. My wife stopped into work and I played every set we had hooked up and for music she liked the RF82's the best. That surprised me. I didn't think she would notice or care. She also said that she heard things in those that are missing in the truck. That's why I want to do a small upgrades to the truck.

James
Cool, thanks.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #39
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Cool, thanks.
No problem. Its different for everyone. I like to play systems for people and let them decide. Everyone is looking for something different. I had people tell me they like sound docks that sound like shit. If that's what they like.

There is another sales guy that likes the Polks a bit better then the Klipschs.

Anyone looking to buy speakers should bring something they know with them. It could be a cd, dvd, bluray or an mp3 player. Hearing something you know will help you find a system you will be happy with.

James
Old 02-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #40
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Ok here are a few pics of my setup as requested. Disregard the pic quality as these were taken on my crappy cell camera.

Sub is on the floor in the shelving area.

Cerwin Vega Fronts

Cerwin Vega Center

Cerwin Vega rears

View of the rears from the front of the room

View of the rears from the back of the room
I like it. I want to do an in-wall install when I buy a house. If you know what you're doing tearing it out and re-doing it could be an easy weekend project.

Right now I'm running a Samsung home theatre in a box setup... It pretty much sucks... flat for music and too boomy for movies... Eventually I will upgrade, but it gets the job done for now and is WAYYYY better than my old Sony HTIB...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote