Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 12-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Thumbs up Dyna Beads and How To install them

Dyna Beads

They are a GREAT GREAT GREAT product. You can install them by just placing the bag contents into the tire when when mounting the tire or as most of us will do, via the valve stem.

Most valve stems will allow the beads to just pour in, however some will be more diffcult due to obstructions in the valve stem itself. You can try rotating the tire back and forth 180 degrees to get them to pour in or if you have a metal valve stem as below follow those instructions.

A note from Jake, owner of Low Down Chop Shop.

Quote:
Also note that when you remove your weights that are on your wheels, just because your bike has 2.5 oz. of lead doesn't mean that you have to replace it with that much Dyna Beads. My bike had 2.5 oz. on the front and I put 1 oz. in and it was perfect.

The application amount is all based on three things:

Wheel Diameter
Tire Width
Tire Overall Diameter

These three things put together will deturmine how many ounces of Beads are installed. Also if a tire is a bit more out that it should be, it may require one extra ounce to smooth it out perfect.

I stock 1 oz thru 5 oz bags and kits to cover all BDM bikes, custom bikes, Harley, Metric, and sport bikes. If you need a custom application or for a auto, contact me through my
Most of my big dog owners get them from Low Down Chop Shop

Many of us have got them and many are probably on the fence. But if you got them, here's how you put them in.

Grab your supplies

Cut the top off the applicator for easier pouring

Grab your bag of beads

Cut open the corner of the baggy to dispense into applicator bottle.

Pour into the bottle

Simply put that stuff aside and time to direct attention to the bike itself.

So I jacked up the sporty like so...

Remove your valve stem cap

Get your valve stem tool

Spin out the valve stem slowly allowing the air to leak. At this point you can either let it all leak out or pull it out carefully. Be sure not to go to fast and put your hand over it, while keeping pressure down on the tool and stem. You are trying to keep the valve from flying accross the garage.

Out comes the valve

Set this aside

Hook up the tube to the valve stem

Start to pour in the beads slowly. If they start to back up and won't flow into the rim like this read the next direction. If not skip over the next part for difficult bikes.

In some cases your beads may not flow in easily. My Big Dog was no problem the Harley was so I got to thinking outside the box sense I didn't have an engraver to aid me.

Loosen the valve stem nut holding it to the rim.

Attach the tube

Fill the tube and it will back up like before. But push the valve stem in and out shaking in the beads. You can fill the entire tube and then shake in. This worked great for both front and rear tires.
Now once you have all your beads in, remove the tube. If you had to do the difficulty step, tighten the nut.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Re-insert your valve in the stem

Fill it with the proper air level

Check the pressure to make sure its right.

Now replace your valve stem cap

Repeat for the rear or other tire

Out with the valve

Fill and re-assemble and put the valve stem back on. Ride and enjoy a smooth ride

Again, contact Jake or just buy them off his website. he'll ship them to you SUPER FAST!!

ALSO, THIS IS A BIG ONE...

BUY 2 USES OF THESE. IF YOUR BIKE CALLS FOR 2 OZ PER TIRE. BUY ONE KIT AND THEN 2 MORE 2 OZ BAGS. THAT WAY IF YOU GET A FLAT SOMETIME VIA RIDING. YOU'LL HAVE A BACK UP SET OF BEADS!!!!

Run Amsoil Product
Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

nice write up...is the only real benefit the fact that the wheel is balanced and you dont see any wheel weights on the wheel? makes sense for your chop, or any custom, but thats it unless....

do some places not balance when u get a tire mounted?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I don't have the issue, or links, or anything, but I have read that MCN had an article a couple years ago where they tested these things and said they did nothing to help.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I know a lot of people swear by these,I just wish someone could give me an explanation of how this works...it doesn't make sense to me that the beads would congregate opposite the heavy "spot" on the tire. Oh and if they work,one benefit is you don't have to trust the fucking idiots at the Stealership to do it right (assholes!) and if you happen to spin your tire on the rim,the beads would keep the balance correct. Oh and you can go to car tire places and have your tires changed for $5-10 bucks or even free if you buy your tires there. Discount tire back home changed mine a couple times for free in a pinch,no balance tho'. Besides,with some tire bars and a bar stool,I can swap my own tires but I don't have a balancer.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I don't have the issue, or links, or anything, but I have read that MCN had an article a couple years ago where they tested these things and said they did nothing to help.
I remember there were some different ones that didn't work but I was just at Ron Ayers getting my bike inspected and one of the mechanics were putting them in his bike. What I'd like to see is a demo video,showing an out of balance tire on the balance machine,install the beads and poof balanced tire! I've never seen concrete proof that this works...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

hmmm here's what they say...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HowItWorksPages3_2.jpg (101.6 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg HowItWorksPages3_3.jpg (128.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg HowItWorksPages3_4.jpg (135.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg HowItWorksPages3_5.jpg (141.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg HowItWorksPages3_6.jpg (122.6 KB, 81 views)
Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

You'd think they'd have some sort of video evidence of something this revolutionary actually working.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

It makes no difference what the tire is mounted to. Chop, sportbike, car, truck...

These fucking things work like you would not believe!!!! Take my fuckin word!! I have ran these all year in both bikes. I want to run them in every tire I own.

Tiggers attached files explain it. I think of it as the beads spin out to the interior imperfections of the tire, fills in those imperfections and balances the tire. Understanding that it is the tire that is out of balence not the rim.

I believe Drewpy has these in the RC as well.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

ok here's a demonstration that makes some sense!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

SOLD!