Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 02-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

you wouldn't Learn how to drive in a Lamborgini Diablo... it's got way to much power for a new driver to learn... JUST LIKE you don't need a 1000cc bike to learn on... if you truely love riding you'll eventually go there or figure out that 1000cc's isn't needed for you to enjoy 2wheels

your gear is a MANDATORY non negotiable part of purchase of a motorcycle... Factor it in and if you must downgrade something... Downgrade the bike (what ever you get will be more than enough to put a smile on your face)! The GEAR is what's gonna keep you safe!

The MSF is the same as gear... Should be required by law. Take it and practice!

And remember:
The people who care what you ride don't matter... The people who do matter... Don't care!

Oh... and if your not having fun... your not doing it right!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:15 AM   #12
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

neon... you forgot to put in there... kick your MSF instructor in the balls. If its a woman, kick her in where she wishes she had balls.

Oh and by the way, me and the wife took the MSF last year (me going for moral support and outriding the instructor..thank you thank you), and I had taught her everything they were teaching and more... on my own...

Sorry... you going to build my side car for the chop to carry my ego... cya later...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
neon... you forgot to put in there... kick your MSF instructor in the balls. If its a woman, kick her in where she wishes she had balls.
Hehehe, as part of the range rules, we have added Rule # 11. Never, ever, ever hit the rider coach. Remember we're the ones that grade your written and riding evaluation at the end of the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Oh and by the way, me and the wife took the MSF last year (me going for moral support and outriding the instructor..thank you thank you), and I had taught her everything they were teaching and more... on my own...
Thats only because you didn't take the class with me. I would have taught you a few new things.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #14
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Well the true part was... the instructor would bust my balls to my face, made me go first on EVERYTHING with minimal explanation of what to do, but when I did it all Aces he would tell the rest of the class watching.. "that is how you do it. notice he is doing this or that. do it like him and you'll pass!"

Of coarse 2 of the 3 days we rode to class.. chopper and all. i even threatened to bring the chop on the coarse to show them how you do it on a 9' long raked out beast.

They even made us do a panic stop in mid corner at speed. I endo'ed the little bike while in lean and landed it. About a 90 degree turning stoppy. The guy's jaw dropped. It rocked!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

hah do we even have to worry about newbies? i mean come on, they'll figure it out one way or another. or they'll wreck and die.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
hah do we even have to worry about newbies? i mean come on, they'll figure it out one way or another. or they'll wreck and die.
We are here to help people before that happens.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

true, but i'm fairly sure that the only members on this board right now know exactly what to do with a bike between their legs...
Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
true, but i'm fairly sure that the only members on this board right now know exactly what to do with a bike between their legs...
We wont always be full of experienced riders. We will get newbs that will our need help.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #19
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

yeah, true true... and when they come, i will post the same old crap i've always posted.

too bad i dont have my nifty newbie thread anymore.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #20
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
yeah, true true... and when they come, i will post the same old crap i've always posted.

too bad i dont have my nifty newbie thread anymore.
Lets not scare the newbs away.