Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R
Default buell vs rc

i dont have enough miles on it yet to give it a fair long term test (first TD is in april for the buell ), but in the short 1k miles i have put on it:

Ergos: much more comfortable, this should come as no surpirse, the RC was a race bike built for the track and we mere mortals got lucky when it was sent out to the pasture aka our streets. that being said i do TD and take that same bike and travel across the USA and now the entire continent of NA so ill take the trade off. the bike lets you sit up more and that huge front fairing is your best friend at highway speeds, it blocks all but 1% of the wind.

first noticed its a lot lighter, when i swung my leg over it i was pretty much in shock about how low the center of gravity was, I know going from my rc to this it would lighter, but i didnt expect it to be this light, it reminded me of my zx6 in that aspect

the handling is very quick, thanks to the steep rake its handles great at sane speeds and when at higher, track like speeds it tags a decent amount of input to make it turn, almost reminded me of the RC, very stable but required more input then a jap modern SS

Brakes: are good until you getting a hair up your ass and decide to abuse them, they are the first thing that i replaced, i got a set of lydell gold pads and they should help out alot. the stock pads suck! no other way to describe it. They are prone to fading and even started to pot mark my rotor!

power: since the rc was not stock (microns, pc, 1/6th hrc throtte tube, regeared, flapper mod, soft rev...) its not a fair fight. the buell has more power, it just feels slower to the senses. The rc was like that bully that took your lunch money, sure it looked and acted tough, was intimidating as hell, but the buell is just simply faster, you just have to trust the lap times and not your butt dyno

Other: gas range is alot better on buell, a five gallon tank is nice

bad buell, no biscuit: at high rpm's it has vibes, and im talking hey were did my tach needles go, all i got is a blur, but again thats at high..high rpm's like first gear felonious speeds so its only an issue on the back country roads or on the track

stock pads suck!

Good buell: i stole you from a dealer that has been the best that i have ever worked with

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote