Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR
Default 2 hours and 45 minutes...............

....that's how long it takes for the highway patrol to respond to my request for a wreck report.

I met up with a friend today at 12:30 to take a trip to Harbor Freight and I left my car parked about 6 miles from my house at a gas station where it should have been safe. We got back at 7:15 and I started my car to let it warm up when I realized that I had something in the trunk I wanted to send with him before he left, so I get the key back out of the ignition and go to open the trunk. The lot was poorly lit, so I didn't notice anything weird about my car until I tried to open the trunk and it felt funny and didn't want to raise. I looked a little closer and found that someone had backed into my car hitting my bumper, trunk lid, tailights and pushed in the lower panel that the trunk latch attaches to. (great, gotta love that)

Well, I get on the phone to the Sheriff's department as I couldn't figure out how to call the HP on my cell (I figured it out later) and explain to them what had happened and that I wanted an officer to come out so that I could file a police report for my insurance. He said that he would get someone on it right away and they should be out shortly. Now I was only about 10 minutes from the Sheriff's department so I figured maybe 30 minutes. Oh no, boy was I wrong. I called them back after one hour and asked when they would be out and he replied that they had been informed and an officer would be out soon.

Another hour goes by and I called back explaining to them that I had been waiting for two hours and I would like to go home but did not want to jeopardize not having a police report for my insurance and that's when he told me that an officer had just pulled in and was coming through the door. He told me to hold on for a moment and he would tell the officer what was going on and let me know when he could be out. After I was on hold for a moment, the HP officer came on the phone asking me what was going on and I explained to him what had happened and he said that someone would be out shortly. (WTF!!!)

Well, another 45 minutes had past before he showed up only to take about 5 minutes of my time and his to look over my vehicle and write up a report.

It's nice to know that when you need them, their never there but when you screw up, they are more than happy to bust your butt! To hell with them....
Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Should have told them you locked the keys in the trunk....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

In 2000 I was carjacked at gun point 4 blocks from a police station, it took NYPD almost 45 minutes to respond. almost 3 hours seems par for the course.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

That sucks, dude. In my own experiences dispatching I've seen where cops didn't show up at all....and alot of those were for an actual break-in. I will say 95% of these occurences happened up north...NY, NJ, etc....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Should have told them you locked the keys in the trunk....

Old 02-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

This is why I almost never bother to call the cops. They're not there to help me, and the only thing they're good for is cleaning up the mess. I don't trust them at all and they're almost utterly useless. Pretty much all I can think of is that they're handy if you need a road flare.

Oh shit, is Lonestar going to show up and yell at me?!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

did he even come over with the exodus?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I don't think he stayed, I thought I saw him a few times but I know he was still on CF last month when I was on there. He's probably lurking and will write me an e-ticket, or just wait until the rally and get me pulled over for something. I'm not really concerned. He was a cool guy though, wish he'd made it.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

yeah he was pretty cool. some people wont stop grasping onto that dead forum
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote