Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR
Default Because I'm a nice guy......Now with pics!

I figure I would let you all in on a little secret that I found out today.

If you want some led's on the cheap and allready in a nice little package that should be bright as hell under your tank or fairings.......Befriend someone at a Chevy dealership. As mentioned in other posts, I work for Chevy and Hyundai. If you have ever noticed, the newer Chevy trucks have led's in the mirrors for turn signals. You can pull those out and you have just got yourself some killer bright led's in a nice little plastic tray that is ready for some double sided sticky tape and wiring up under your tank or fairing. I have four here right now and plan on going home this evening and start putting them on. There are 7 led's in each housing, and it's no bigger than a credit card and about 1/2 tall. I figure that one on each side will be enough, but I will put as many as I can as long as I don't look like a damn UFO going down the road. They're red, so that may not appeal to everyone but for my "red bike" they will be blinging.

Just passing on some info. You should be able to get these for free from mirrors that they warranty out or from most any bodyshop that has to change them for some reason.

Last edited by ZUKIMON; 03-10-2009 at 11:53 PM..
ZUKIMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post

If you want some led's on the cheap and allready in a nice little package that should be bright as hell under your tank or fairings.......Befriend someone at a Chevy dealership.....

Quote:

If you want some led's on the cheap and allready in a nice little package that should be bright as hell under your tank or fairings.......Befriend someone at a Chevy dealership. As mentioned in other posts, I work for Chevy and Hyundai.....
oh i didnt know that...

Quote:

If you want some led's on the cheap and allready in a nice little package that should be bright as hell under your tank or fairings.......Befriend someone at a Chevy dealership. As mentioned in other posts, I work for Chevy and Hyundai. If you have ever noticed, the newer Chevy trucks have led's in the mirrors for turn signals. You can pull those out and you have just got yourself some killer bright led's in a nice little plastic tray that is ready for some double sided sticky tape and wiring up under your tank or fairing. I have four here right now and plan on going home this evening and start putting them on. There are 7 led's in each housing, and it's no bigger than a credit card and about 1/2 tall. I figure that one on each side will be enough, but I will put as many as I can as long as I don't look like a damn UFO going down the road. They're red, so that may not appeal to everyone but for my "red bike" they will be blinging.

Just passing on some info. You should be able to get these for free from mirrors that they warranty out or from most any bodyshop that has to change them for some reason.
so...hook it up?

Old 03-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post

oh i didnt know that...

so...hook it up?

nice
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

You all are crazy! I'll get some pics up tomorrow if I can. I couldn't find my micro toggle switch to get it all hooked up tonight. ()*#*e*YHU$H$* Doesn't it just piss you off when you know where something is and then you go to get it and can't find it????

Either way, these things are pretty darn bright and I am really digging the way they look. May have to put them on a flasher and try to follow the meat wagon or firetruck!!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
t-homo
WSB Champion

I know in MO, they try to give you a ticket for impersonating an officer if you have red leds. I'd love to get some though. Really pimp my bike out.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #7
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Yea, in ohio you cant have red or blue neon (in) or (under) your civic/eclipse/etc.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Yeah, you're not supposed to have red or blue here either but everyone has them and they don't seem to say anything. They'll be on a switch if the problem ever arises.

I'm going to try to save all that I can and when I get all that I want, I'll start mailing them out to the rest of you that want some. I can't give you any idea of how long it may be as this is a......when it happens sort of deal.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #9
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Yep.....definetly getting a ticket now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3100001.JPG (60.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg P3100002.JPG (59.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg P3100003.JPG (55.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg P3100004.JPG (55.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg P3100005.JPG (59.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Had to turn off the flash and I have a crapy camera.

Last shot is the new to me shed that she stays in.

They're pretty bright in person, but this is only three sets of these lights. I need atleast two more closer to the radiator to get the look that I want (I think).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3100006.JPG (53.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg P3100007.JPG (52.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg P3100008.JPG (57.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg P3100009.JPG (58.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg P3100010.JPG (57.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by ZUKIMON; 03-10-2009 at 11:52 PM..
ZUKIMON is offline   Reply With Quote