Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

I think it's out of my price range. To be honest, I'm looking to spend what I get out of the 929, or simply swap straight up for something. I've got to many irons in the fire right now to be spending out any on this venture.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
I don't think I could bring myself to part this bike out for any reason. Now if I happen to crash it.......that's another story totally. I also think that my asking price for it would be more than what most would want to pay for an '01 bike, but I feel that it's a pretty fair price considering what they are/were and can do. This one has a new battery, fresh oil and filter, new plugs, new fuel pressure reg., new tires, new tinted screen, front flush mounts, rear aftermarket blinkers, Scorpion slipon, braided/stainless brake hoses front and rear, 5400 miles and about as clean as could be asked for. Yamerhaw has seen it and I am sure that he can attest to how nice it is. It's not perfect, but it's so damn close that you can taste it. lol I don't want to give up the power of this beast, but I mostly commute with it and it's just not easy on me for that. I totally agree with OTB, this thing rides and handles like a dream but just hurts me when I am off it for the day. I honestly think it's more me than the bike, but the bars could be the deciding factor.
I just like to get out and ride better than anything I can think of, next to sex. This bike is meant for more than just riding, or atleast the riding that I do.

I do like the looks of that HD and having a belt is something else that turns me on.

I'll keep the heli bars in mind derf. I'm not totally committed to selling out just yet but I have to do something different before I get to that point. I'm not saying I wouldn't sell it for the right price, as everything I have is for sale for the right price.
I don't know what the market is like down your way...but up here a decent 929 will bring 4500-5000 with 18-25000 miles on it. A nice example with low miles like yours should draw 52-5700 with the right buyer.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Maybe swap for a FZ1?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Or an SV1000 or similar bike. I don't know what kind of riding you do but if you get too far away from "sport" you may regret it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #15
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
I don't know what the market is like down your way...but up here a decent 929 will bring 4500-5000 with 18-25000 miles on it. A nice example with low miles like yours should draw 52-5700 with the right buyer.
Well, that's inline with what I am wanting for mine. I guess I was pretty spot on with my price then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Maybe swap for a FZ1?
Don't know that I have seen one. ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Or an SV1000 or similar bike. I don't know what kind of riding you do but if you get too far away from "sport" you may regret it.
That's just it. I'm a speed-a-holic. I admit that much. The faster the bike/car will go, the more I want. I don't need that but at the same time, don't want to give up a "sport bike." Maybe I just need to put some bars on it before I try to sell it? What could it hurt? Just be something else to add to the list when I decide I don't want it. I need to take a trip to a real bike superstore like a Chapparel and try some different bikes on for size. Kind of sucks that we simply don't get the chance to ride many different types of bikes before we are set on one.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #16
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Look into the Yamaha FZ1, it's motor is based off the R1 but it has a more upright position for the rider.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #17
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Just googled them and I do remember them now. That wouldn't be too bad. I like the looks of a fighter a lot. To the point that I would almost look for a specific wrecked bike to fighter myself. There's a guy up here that has a CBR900 that he fightered and it's just plain awesome. It's got a nice set of Renthal bars on it that I know would have to be sooooo comfy. It's his all around everyday rider. He's a very well seasoned rider and is into motards and has like 7 bikes of various makes and models. I can't help but drool a little everytime I see that 900.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
It wasn't the bars....the tank splays your legs, the pegs are wayyyyy to high and you have to fold your legs up so much your knees are stressed to the max............

The 900 didn't have so radical a riding position.....
Dunno what you're used to, but the 929 has a relaxed riding position compared to today's sportbikes. The pegs are lower and more forward than like a ZX10 or Gixxer. Everything has gotten more aggressive since then.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #19
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
Just googled them and I do remember them now. That wouldn't be too bad. I like the looks of a fighter a lot. To the point that I would almost look for a specific wrecked bike to fighter myself. There's a guy up here that has a CBR900 that he fightered and it's just plain awesome. It's got a nice set of Renthal bars on it that I know would have to be sooooo comfy. It's his all around everyday rider. He's a very well seasoned rider and is into motards and has like 7 bikes of various makes and models. I can't help but drool a little everytime I see that 900.
I don't know if you need dealer support or if there is a dealer near you but a Triumph Speed Triple might be worth looking in to. They are supposed to be fast with a more laid back riding position than a sportbike, plus the triple with an exhaust is supposed to sound awesome.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I don't know if you need dealer support or if there is a dealer near you but a Triumph Speed Triple might be worth looking in to. They are supposed to be fast with a more laid back riding position than a sportbike, plus the triple with an exhaust is supposed to sound awesome.

Yea a triple with a pipe has a sound second to none!

Ok I'm gonna say something kinda mean but it pertained to me a few years ago... Maybe, you should start doing some sit-ups and other exercises to strengthen your abs and back. Truth to be told, if you're having wrist problems it's because you're not using your ab muscles to hold yourself upright like you should. When I went from my V-Max to my FZR1000, my wrists were fucking killing me! Until I learned to use my abs to hold me up, riding my bike was torture. With a little self discipline and control, I no longer have that problem and I am 6'4" AND have my bike lowered 8mm in the front and raised 6mm in the rear. Besides, if you learn to keep a "light touch" on the bars you'll be a better rider anyway! Also, you may want to try Stompgrips. A lot of people don't like them but they allow me to not have to squeeze the tank so hard to keep from sliding forward during braking which lessens the strain on my knees and thighs. I hope that you don't take offense but these are just suggestions.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote