Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #21
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

You're spot on Tig. I'm a fat lazy bastard and I need to work out but at the same time, I have a bad knee and even worse foot problems (gout is one thing that I have as well as working on concrete for the last 15 years). I simply don't have the desire to do much more than sit on the couch when I come home in the evenings as I need to put my hurting ass feet up for some comfort. I don't take what you said as offensive, I know I'm fat and lazy!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #22
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
As far as the 929...I'm with ya. I don't think a bike EVER rode and handled so well but made so miserable as the one I had. I would hurt for hours after a morning or afternoon on that thing.

I still think the new Sportster Xr would make a great all-around bike......

Damn you....you had to post that bike.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
You're spot on Tig. I'm a fat lazy bastard and I need to work out but at the same time, I have a bad knee and even worse foot problems (gout is one thing that I have as well as working on concrete for the last 15 years). I simply don't have the desire to do much more than sit on the couch when I come home in the evenings as I need to put my hurting ass feet up for some comfort. I don't take what you said as offensive, I know I'm fat and lazy!

Cool! I honestly wasn't trying to be an asshole (for once!). Well, of course it's up to you but I still think you might end up regretting it if you give it up... Hey, something that helped me was isometrics. I drive around in a truck for 6 out of 8 hours so I feel your pain. While you're laying on the couch flex your ab muscles. Um there are different types of movements you're supposed to do. You can google it, there's a TON of stuff on it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #24
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

I didn't take you for being an ass. I do need to loose some weight and I think it would help my feet out a lot. If my feet felt a little better I would be more inclined to workout a little more than I already do at work.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #25
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
get some heli bars, you will feel 1000 times better about riding for extended periods of time.

OK, so I searched for these bars and this is what I get:

http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet/Detail?no=23964

http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome...oductid=115540

Seems like a lot of money to spend without any guarantee that it will help me. I don't know what to do.....
I did see a cool set of grips on their site that add in a wrist relief for the throttle. May be something else to look into for me.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #26
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Wanker!!!!

I'll be there next weekend to pic her up. The 929 does have an aggressive seating position. The guy I rode with for awhile couldnt go for long.

Pm me your price.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #27
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Damn you....you had to post that bike.
But its so damn sexy!!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #28
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Have you thought about a Honda 919? Or possibly the FZ1? Or even a Hayabusa or some hyperbikes like a ZX12, ZX14, CBR1100.

My CBR F3 is still one of the most comfortable bikes I have ever ridden and I daily commute that bad boy with laptop and a backpack full of books. I know you'll miss the power of the 929 though.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #29
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

I've not thought about any other bikes, honestly. I've had this Maruader in the back of my mind since before I got the 929, but I don't think that I would be happy with one, or anything like it. You're correct.........I'd be totaly lost without having this power under my ass. It's like taking a power shit, only you're not shitting and you don't have to really clean up when you are done.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #30
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
It's like taking a power shit, only you're not shitting and you don't have to really clean up when you are done.
Whatever floats your boat I guess.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote