Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR
Default So I'm thinking about trading the bike for a sports car....

Yeah, I know..... I love the 929 a lot, but I rarely get to ride it anymore. I'm also wanting to get back into something fast with 4 wheels and most likely a turbo that I can run in the rain/cold/heat/whatever. Now assuming that you were in my situation and were pretty well set on trading your bike, what would you want?

I really dig the older RX-7's with the 13B turbo'd. Had an '87 a few years back and let it go as I think the apex seals were bad. I should have fixed the car as it was in killer shape and really didn't have anything else wrong with it. I want to make sure that whatever I get has some sort of rear seats for my daughters (in case I need to pick them up from school or something) and to keep insurance costs down a little bit. What else is there other than the played out Civics? (Not that I am against having another quality Honda product.) I just want something reliable and quick. Talons/Eclipse is high on the list too.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Mini Cooper S... but then, that's what I did

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Get a CRX, with a little work thay can be made into a beast. Also most subarus, the 2.5 rs comes to mind.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

No Mini for me. I like 'em, but I don't dig 'em. I like the CRX but it's getting ever so hard to find one nearby in any kind of good condition. I also don't like that there's not much room in them. I've been leaning on the Subaru fence for some time now. It's hard not to when Ken Block makes 'em look so damn good!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #5
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Miata FTW.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Reliability will automatically exclude the talon/eclipse's

Starion
Mustang 5.0
IROC/GTA
Old 08-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
No Mini for me. I like 'em, but I don't dig 'em. I like the CRX but it's getting ever so hard to find one nearby in any kind of good condition. I also don't like that there's not much room in them. I've been leaning on the Subaru fence for some time now. It's hard not to when Ken Block makes 'em look so damn good!
I only proposed it because of my own experience with them.

CRX is ok - but only if you mod the crap out of them. And, there is no room in them

I'd say Miata or Mini for the return - very little money into them for a great performing vehicle. Though, Miata has no room in them for more than two people and a stick of gum. Maybe I should ask what you want it for? Street, track, other??

Talon's are pieces of crap. Subarus are nice - but, you need to go with a WRX to make it worth your while...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I only proposed it because of my own experience with them.

CRX is ok - but only if you mod the crap out of them. And, there is no room in them

I'd say Miata or Mini for the return - very little money into them for a great performing vehicle. Though, Miata has no room in them for more than two people and a stick of gum. Maybe I should ask what you want it for? Street, track, other??

Talon's are pieces of crap. Subarus are nice - but, you need to go with a WRX to make it worth your while...
But Miatas dont have rear seats which he wanted.

Talons are crap. Eclipses are ok but once you start adding power they become very unreliable. The only Mitsubishi that can handle power is the evo. WRXs are awesome cars except for the transmissions. I was looking at these too but the 5 speed in them cant handle any power either. To stand up to any abuse youd have to swap in a 6 speed from the STi.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
But Miatas dont have rear seats which he wanted.

Talons are crap. Eclipses are ok but once you start adding power they become very unreliable. The only Mitsubishi that can handle power is the evo. WRXs are awesome cars except for the transmissions. I was looking at these too but the 5 speed in them cant handle any power either. To stand up to any abuse youd have to swap in a 6 speed from the STi.
Talon is a rebadged Eclipse.

The WRX tranny can't handle over 285HP. STI tranny has heavier duty internals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Also need to know your price range (I assume under $10K?), and how much time you're willing to spend fixing it.

I'd go 300ZX TT, assuming you could actually find one in good shape for a good price. Doubt it.

Get a 2nd-gen Integra.........Why? Because they're better-looking and less played-out than the 3rd Gens. A black one looks sick lowered on dark bronze rims.

Or get a Prelude.

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-08-2009 at 11:56 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote