Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Nice fact checking, Ace.
What the hell is the UKC? Well hush my mouth! I ain't never heard of no UKC! Shoot, when the lady gave me UKC paperwork for my dog, I honestly threw it away! No bull shit! Hey, I never claimed to be an expert! I'm SUPPOSED to be the irrational side of this argument!!! I'm still not sure how immigrants brought American Pitbull Terriers to this country but okay, it says so on the UKC website so it must be true!

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/B...dNovember12008

Sometime during the nineteenth century, dog fanciers in England, Ireland and Scotland began to experiment with crosses between Bulldogs and Terriers, looking for a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the Bulldog. The result was a dog that embodied all of the virtues attributed to great warriors: strength, indomitable courage, and gentleness with loved ones. Immigrants brought these bull and terrier crosses to the United States. The American Pit Bull Terrier’s many talents did not go unnoticed by farmers and ranchers who used their APBTs as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, to drive livestock, and as family companions. Today, the American Pit Bull Terrier continues to demonstrate its versatility, competing successfully in Obedience, Tracking, Agility and Weight Pulls, as well as Conformation.

The United Kennel Club was the first registry to recognize the American Pit Bull Terrier. UKC founder C. Z. Bennett assigned UKC registration number 1 to his own APBT, Bennett’s Ring, in 1898.

Dude the UKC has "events" and "shows", like dog pulls and what not.

The programs at UKC include Obedience Trials, Agility Trials, Weight Pull Events, Terrier Races, Dock Jumping Events, Total Junior Program, Dog Sports (including Family Obedience), Coonhound Field Trials, Water Races, Nite Hunts and Bench Shows, Hunt Tests for retrieving breeds, Pointing Dog Events, Beagle Events (including Hunts and Bench Shows, and Cur and Feist Squirrel and Coon Events and Bench Shows.

Dude, they even let mutts in! WTF!

Part of our mission is to have events where all dogs can compete. In addition to our purebred dog registry, United Kennel Club offers a Limited Privilege program. The Limited Privilege is open to all dogs that are spayed/neutered. This includes mixed breed dogs, purebred dogs of unknown pedigree, and purebred dogs with disqualifying faults as described in the UKC breed standards. The programs open to Limited Privilege dogs are Obedience Trials, Weight Pulls, Agility Trials, Total Junior Program and Dog Sports (including Family Obedience).

You have to admit that it's kinda funny that the UKC founder had one so he decided that this was a legitimate breed but the AMERICAN Kennel Club still says "mutt"! It sounds like somebody couldn't get his dog registered with the AKC so he started his own damn club!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote