Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #31
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
40 plates? Come on dude. The gym I go to has a monolift, chalk all over the floor, etc and I doubt our leg press will hold that much.. A fitness club with that kind of equipment would shock me. Not to mention you doing it with good form.
I used to work out at the YMCA and they had 100lb plates and the leg sled would easily hold 18 of them. Never seen anyone do it but there was certainly room.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #32
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
40 plates? Come on dude. The gym I go to has a monolift, chalk all over the floor, etc and I doubt our leg press will hold that much.. A fitness club with that kind of equipment would shock me. Not to mention you doing it with good form.
Dude, I was squatting 650 for 4 reps, perfect form. I didnt do 1800 for one rep, I did it or sets of 12.

40 plates, whats the big deal. 3 posts on the sled, (right, left, and center, and each holds 15 (most press posts are 2 feet long). Any decent fitness center should have 150-200 plates.

Anyway, not sure what kinda fitness clubs you trained at, but the amount of weights has never been a problem in them for me. Its the amount of squat racks, power racks, benches, and size of dumbells that gave me problems, along with the gym being full when I could train.

The power club, a small dungeon gym near here, only has about 50 plates. A lot less then most fitness centers. But its never a problem, because theres never more then 2-3 people in there at a time. (thankfully its funded by the village, because it would have closed 15 years ago).

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #33
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Moto: FJR1300

There are plenty of plates in the gym, but I don't know if the machine will hold 15 on each post. I've seen people max out leg presses with their buddy sitting on top of the machine like it was some kind of photo shoot before, usually with a very very short range of motion. I don't know dude, sounds a lot like e-stats to me. Kind of like being 300 ripped, with not a single clear photo.
Akilldema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #34
Apoc

Quote:
There are plenty of plates in the gym, but I don't know if the machine will hold 15 on each post. I've seen people max out leg presses with their buddy sitting on top of the machine like it was some kind of photo shoot before, usually with a very very short range of motion. I don't know dude, sounds a lot like e-stats to me. Kind of like being 300 ripped, with not a single clear photo.
If you say so dude. At my best I was 315, about 11-12% (measured). The local gym has a bar on the wall that I bent deadlifting with too much weight on it, with a bunch of witnesses. I've got nothing to prove to you, and while I couldnt do one of those things today, they were all done when I was pincushion.

You have every right not to believe it, I have every right not to care.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #35
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Those are the stats of someone who would be bigger than the current Mr Olympia dude. Who in their right mind would believe something like that? Why don't you have pics of yourself in this world class level of size? Doesn't make sense, especially if you were planning on winning canadian nationals. I'm surprised I haven't seen you in Muscular Development yet.\

Edit: Unless you're 7'
Old 12-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #36
Apoc

Quote:
Those are the stats of someone who would be bigger than the current Mr Olympia dude. Who in their right mind would believe something like that? Why don't you have pics of yourself in this world class level of size? Doesn't make sense, especially if you were planning on winning canadian nationals. I'm surprised I haven't seen you in Muscular Development yet.

Dude, mr Olypmpia is 315, at about 5'9, at 3-4% body fat. Im fucking 6'4 and was at 11~%. Theres a big fucking difference. And there were pics on CF. I never claimed to be mr O sized, jesus.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #37
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Actually Jay was less than 270 this year. Ok, so you're Lou Ferrigno sized, in his absolute prime. He competed at 6'5" and 275. Hard to believe brosef. I saw the camera phone pic you posted on CF, it was blurry as shit and only showed a small amount of your traps at probably 7-10 ft away from the mirror. Anyway, let's go make fun of Triple for lying about benching 300lbs first try in the gym in his thread.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #38
Apoc

Quote:
Actually Jay was less than 270 this year. Ok, so you're Lou Ferrigno sized, in his absolute prime. He competed at 6'5" and 275. Hard to believe brosef. I saw the camera phone pic you posted on CF, it was blurry as shit and only showed a small amount of your traps at probably 7-10 ft away from the mirror. Anyway, let's go make fun of Triple for lying about benching 300lbs first try in the gym in his thread.
There was alot more then one. MILF made a thread dedicated to me in the sex forum. There was a bunch in there, before vertical scope purged the sex forums of pics.

But yes, off season, I was probably close to as big as Lou was. I was also probably doing a lot more gear, insulin, IGF, and HGH then he ever saw in his day, as many of them werent even available. I think you fail to see how small of guys like Lou and Arnold were compared to todays crop of bodybuilders. Ya, they look impressive in pics (and they were impressive), but neither of them could win even a high level amateur comp with those bodies today.

I was huge, im not even sure which pics you saw, was it early when I started using gear? Or was when it was at my peak, and taking a dozen kinds of gear, 3-4 needles and a dozen pills a day while addicted to painkillers?

Last edited by Apoc; 12-27-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Old 12-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #39
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X1Awp3xIik

Lou looks pretty big to me. A lot bigger than anyone I've ever seen at an amateur show, other than NPC national super heavies.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #40
Apoc

Ya, in Dorians day, Lou was bigger then ever man. Im talking about the 70's, when they were competing. Neither Lou or Arnold could win a high level amateur comp with those bodies today if they were just nobodies trying to go pro.