Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #41
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
personally, i think fnfal has some of the sweetest leathers around.
Me too, which is why I PMed him when I was ready to buy mine.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:36 AM   #42
byron12
cookie head

Moto: I now have cheap chinese pocket bike and a free non running kawasaki cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
pretty sure im badass enough to wear my battlecry jacket

Dude I want the gun in your hand that looks like exactly what I need to put on gun rack in my truck.... BTW good burn on nts about being badass enough to wear icon gear....
byron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:46 AM   #43
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

fucking sterling mk4 is the shit. i sriousluy miss that peice. see all the ak mags/./ ? i hd a never fired and onlty dropped onc3e norinco aK TOO fucker was gorgeous
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #44
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
Dude I want the gun in your hand that looks like exactly what I need to put on gun rack in my truck.... BTW good burn on nts about being badass enough to wear icon gear....
scratching my head on this one.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #45
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
some would argue some gear is better than no gear. those are the same people that would argue sex with a dead hooker is better than no sex at all.
Nah, not at all. Even though, for the most part, Icon isn't my taste, I DO make the argument that SOME gear is better than no gear at all (but I've never argued about sex with a dead hooker, so that's not a valid analogy ).

If someone's objection to wearing gear is the looks (it's too boring, it's not the right color, it doesn't have any 'flair,' or whatever the fuck) but they look at Icon, and feel it's more "them," then so be it. At least it's GEAR. And in the last few years, Icon HAS changed and gotten safer - they no longer rely on just the triple desity foam armour.. most pieces do have CE rated armour, and there's been rumor for a couple years that they're working on track leathers, too.

So it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it IS still better than no gear at all, IMO.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #46
byron12
cookie head

Moto: I now have cheap chinese pocket bike and a free non running kawasaki cruiser.

Quote:
scratching my head on this one.
You said that people who wear icon aren't badass enough to justify the badass stylistic image that icon portrays. He posted picture of himself overseas in a warzone therefore burning your ass and relegating your previous steatement to retarded status.....
byron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #47
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Well... if it makes everyone feel better... I have a really small penis...

Seriously... I got nothin.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #48
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

I never doubted his badassdom, and you cant really justify being in the military as being badass. its a career choice. he doesnt get to go around wearin camo and carrying rifles to shoot at people with when he comes back to civilian life. unless hes got some serious PTSD and needs to vent a little bit.

notice: i'm not calling anybody out in this thread, just FYI. I do think most of icon's shit has the "im too cool for school" mentality.

you ever see the pic of me doin a backflip across the courtyard of the eifle tower in a ural? thats a bad ass pic, but it doesnt make me a bad ass.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I never doubted his badassdom, and you cant really justify being in the military as being badass. its a career choice. he doesnt get to go around wearin camo and carrying rifles to shoot at people with when he comes back to civilian life. unless hes got some serious PTSD and needs to vent a little bit.

notice: i'm not calling anybody out in this thread, just FYI. I do think most of icon's shit has the "im too cool for school" mentality.

you ever see the pic of me doin a backflip across the courtyard of the eifle tower in a ural? thats a bad ass pic, but it doesnt make me a bad ass.

Yea,I agree that Icon has "hooligan/badboy" marketing stategy. Just like alot of the other gear makers pander to "older" riders,racer-boy wannabees, Harley "Hell's Angels" types,etc. I still don't understand the targeted hatred of this one particular brand. Everytime someone mentions Icon,some of you guys jump to put the brand down. I just don't get it. To start a thread downing a specific brand goes well beyond "it's not my style".
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #50
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea,I agree that Icon has "hooligan/badboy" marketing stategy. Just like alot of the other gear makers pander to "older" riders,racer-boy wannabees, Harley "Hell's Angels" types,etc. I still don't understand the targeted hatred of this one particular brand. Everytime someone mentions Icon,some of you guys jump to put the brand down. I just don't get it. To start a thread downing a specific brand goes well beyond "it's not my style".
I think it was just a spoof on the "Icon FTW" thread. You say it like he just made this out of the blue. TEKNIC FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote