Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You know better than that by now buddy...but really,exactly how many times have you been in a liquor store while it's being robbed? Again,where do you people live? You all act like you live in the Bronx or South Central,or somewhere.
You don't know where I've been, you don't know what I've seen, you don't know what I've been through, and you don't know me.Just because I live somewhere nice doesn't mean it's nice all the time. After all, Paris is a beautiful city until someone invades it. And I have reasons for carrying in even the nicest town.
Quote:
Besides,what if you miss? What if you only wound him and he goes berserk and kills everyone in the store? The store owner has a gun (trust me,I've worked in hoodrat party stores) did that help him?
Well, I practice to try and avoid missing, but if I do I have 12 more to throw at him, plus the four reloads of 12 rnds each. So I'm not worried about the guy getting pissed off because I shot him. I may not be the best marksman, but I have a fuckload of chances to improve.
Quote:
Anyway,I look forward to meeting you at the rally. Heck bring a piece and we'll go do some target practice together if you'd like.
Sounds like fun. I look forward to meeting you there, too, and if you clean it, you can shoot it.
Quote:
I don't have anything against guns and I'm not against the second amendment,but I don't honestly think that EVERY pencil neck geek that wants to feel "tough" should be able to carry a pistol everywhere they go.
I don't know, you sound kind of scared to me. Like why do you have a problem with people carrying concealed? If you don't see it then why are you against it? And by the way, I don't need a gun to help me feel tough. I like a gun because I might be confronted by someone with their own gun, or someone much larger than me, or more than one someone. I've been in a lot of tight spots, and I've gotten out of most of them without needing my gun. But if I had needed it it was there.
Quote:
It's just an opinion and no amount of name calling or insults is gonna change my mind. I don't want to live in a world where John from accounting tries to stop a bank robbery with a 38 snub nose...
I'd like to live in a world where John from accounting gets to go home every night to his kids without any danger of anything ever happening to him. Sadly, that's not the world we live in, so I'll settle for a world where John from accounting can defend himself and make sure that when someone tries to stop him from going home to his kids, he can fight back. John from accounting might never need to change a flat in his life, but I still recommend he carry a jack, a tire iron and a spare.

EDIT to add:There's a thread on this forum right now about the court case resulting from a guy on a greyhound bus getting stabbed, beheaded and partially eaten by someone. I bet that guy would testify to the greatness of concealed carry. How can you even ask this question in a world like the one we live in?

Last edited by Amorok; 03-05-2009 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: to add
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
You don't know where I've been, you don't know what I've seen, you don't know what I've been through, and you don't know me.Just because I live somewhere nice doesn't mean it's nice all the time. After all, Paris is a beautiful city until someone invades it. And I have reasons for carrying in even the nicest town. Well, I practice to try and avoid missing, but if I do I have 12 more to throw at him, plus the four reloads of 12 rnds each. So I'm not worried about the guy getting pissed off because I shot him. I may not be the best marksman, but I have a fuckload of chances to improve. Sounds like fun. I look forward to meeting you there, too, and if you clean it, you can shoot it.I don't know, you sound kind of scared to me. Like why do you have a problem with people carrying concealed? If you don't see it then why are you against it? And by the way, I don't need a gun to help me feel tough. I like a gun because I might be confronted by someone with their own gun, or someone much larger than me, or more than one someone. I've been in a lot of tight spots, and I've gotten out of most of them without needing my gun. But if I had needed it it was there.I'd like to live in a world where John from accounting gets to go home every night to his kids without any danger of anything ever happening to him. Sadly, that's not the world we live in, so I'll settle for a world where John from accounting can defend himself and make sure that when someone tries to stop him from going home to his kids, he can fight back. John from accounting might never need to change a flat in his life, but I still recommend he carry a jack, a tire iron and a spare.

EDIT to add:There's a thread on this forum right now about the court case resulting from a guy on a greyhound bus getting stabbed, beheaded and partially eaten by someone. I bet that guy would testify to the greatness of concealed carry. How can you even ask this question in a world like the one we live in?

Ummm....I'm not judging you,or where you've been and I know that we don't live in a paradise by any means. You can call me a coward or accuse me of being "scared" if you like,it doesn't really phase me. I am the keeper of my soul. I merely posed the question so to honestly get an idea of the various reasons people carry. Now I know.

1. to stop liquor store robberies
2. to keep "meth-heads" from picking on you
3. because you can/have a right to
4. because it is everyone's "duty" to be armed and protect their property/loved ones
5. because the cops are "slow"
6. to keep from being beheaded on a bus
7. to keep from being mugged in the subburbs
8. so you can go to the Y in the hood in the middle of the night
9. because the world is an awful,terrible place,full of danger and menace
10. so you can confront unarmed people bigger than you are on an "equal" footing

I'll make you all a deal,to keep from being called a coward and slandered,I am going to here to fore avoid the gun topics all together. You all talk about your rights and freedoms but apparently,I don't have the right or the freedom of speech to merely ask a question.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post

I bet that guy would still be dead.

Kinda hard to get all Clint Eastwood when someone slices open your neck with a hunting knife....while as yer napping.

Otherwise I fully support all you paranoid folks to carry whatever you want in those crappy little areas you live.

I also have a bit of jealousy because some of you guys have some nice stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
some of you guys have some nice stuff.
I always KNEW you were eyeing my package!