Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southwest Riders

Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Since you are from Vegas, what are a few good motorcycle shops to check out in the area? Nee and I are getting married out there on Sept 27. We'll be there for almost a full week. So in addition to honeymoon stuff, i'm sure we'll check out a few motorcycle shops. So where are the good places to go?

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
Since you are from Vegas, what are a few good motorcycle shops to check out in the area? Nee and I are getting married out there on Sept 27. We'll be there for almost a full week. So in addition to honeymoon stuff, i'm sure we'll check out a few motorcycle shops. So where are the good places to go?
You need to hit me up. There's a couple Cycle Gears and a restaurant/repair shop that shows all types of races. There's a couple other random shops, but Cycle Gear is where I go because they have the most stuff in stock. PM me when the day gets closer and I'll shoot ya my #.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
You need to hit me up. There's a couple Cycle Gears and a restaurant/repair shop that shows all types of races. There's a couple other random shops, but Cycle Gear is where I go because they have the most stuff in stock. PM me when the day gets closer and I'll shoot ya my #.
really, I have never been real impressed with our cycle gear. They got some stuff, but it's a pretty small store and the prices aren't that great. Good place to try stuff on though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #14
DLIT
Clit Commander

The one I go to is decent size and I enjoy the military discount 24/7. And their 100% guarantee is just that. They told me if I wreck in my suit and don't like how it held up I can return it. Can't beat that.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
The one I go to is decent size and I enjoy the military discount 24/7. And their 100% guarantee is just that. They told me if I wreck in my suit and don't like how it held up I can return it. Can't beat that.
yeah can't complain about their customer service. The manager is a pretty decent guy at ours.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm calling bullshit on that. Not saying they didn't say that to you, but I dont see how that can stand behind that guarantee. Every limp dick who crashes could walk in there and claim they didn't like the way the suit held up. "Free suits for everyone". I don't buy it. They wouldn't be in business very long.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #17
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'm calling bullshit on that. Not saying they didn't say that to you, but I dont see how that can stand behind that guarantee. Every limp dick who crashes could walk in there and claim they didn't like the way the suit held up. "Free suits for everyone". I don't buy it. They wouldn't be in business very long.
Believe me, if I wreck I might test it out. In the mean time I'm gonna laminate my receipt.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Believe me, if I wreck I might test it out. In the mean time I'm gonna laminate my receipt.
yeah no shit, that's worth a lot if they actually live up to what they said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #19
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

A friend of ours here in Jax is a manager of one of our local stores. They totally stand by the 100% guarantee. No matter what. You wouldn't believe the things she has returned for customers, even after a year.

One guy bought a pair of Alpinestars gloves and had them for close to a year. He rode all the time. Street & track. At the end of the year, there was a small hole worn into the palm of the gloves. He took them back and said for a $150 pair of gloves they should last longer then that. She gave him a new pair of gloves.

They are all about customer service. We spend quite abit of money at Cycle Gear. It helps I get my MSF rider coach discount, which rocks.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #20
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
A friend of ours here in Jax is a manager of one of our local stores. They totally stand by the 100% guarantee. No matter what. You wouldn't believe the things she has returned for customers, even after a year.

One guy bought a pair of Alpinestars gloves and had them for close to a year. He rode all the time. Street & track. At the end of the year, there was a small hole worn into the palm of the gloves. He took them back and said for a $150 pair of gloves they should last longer then that. She gave him a new pair of gloves.

They are all about customer service. We spend quite abit of money at Cycle Gear. It helps I get my MSF rider coach discount, which rocks.
Word and word.