Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

No problem storing them full. A lot of people keep a few tanks laying around with different flavors in them.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
No problem storing them full. A lot of people keep a few tanks laying around with different flavors in them.
Good deal... I think I have my boss convinced on buying one too...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
10 ml bottles. A bottle will last about 4-5 days with an ego.
Not for a non-smoker like myself! lol

I've been on one flavor since I got it a week ago. Used about 1/3 of a bottle and probably got another couple of days with my current fill.

This has not been without issue though... I think I may have a slight allergy with the PG. Scratchy throat and mild congestion after use that lasts a little while. It's not bad at all, slightly annoying at best. ONSSP has not had this issue (and she's allergic to EVERYTHING!)

Going to try some VG in the future to see how that goes...
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

It is more than likely your technique than an actual allergy. They have been using PG in asthma inhalers for decades. I have asthma and am allergic to everything. PG has been tested over and over again for use in inhalers.

I'll admit I had throat issues when I first started, but it turned out to be my technique, not the liquid itself.

You do NOT want to draw the vapor straight into your lungs like you do a cigarette. You fill your mouth with vapor first, very slowly, then inhale that. More like a cigar than a cigarette. Pulling the vapor straight into your lungs can cause irritation like what you are describing. Try it a little slower before blaming the e-juice.

On that note . . . with more and more studies being done on e-cigs there is a constant stream of information coming out. There is one recent study that found trace amounts of formaldehyde in the vapor - but only from e-cigs that contained VG. None showed up in the samples that were pure PG. PG is a pharmaceutical grade compound. VG is extracted from vegetables and has had very little testing done on it as a vapor and its effects on people, whereas PG has been tested as a vapor product for decades in the medical field.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
It is more than likely your technique than an actual allergy. They have been using PG in asthma inhalers for decades. I have asthma and am allergic to everything. PG has been tested over and over again for use in inhalers.

I'll admit I had throat issues when I first started, but it turned out to be my technique, not the liquid itself.

You do NOT want to draw the vapor straight into your lungs like you do a cigarette. You fill your mouth with vapor first, very slowly, then inhale that. More like a cigar than a cigarette. Pulling the vapor straight into your lungs can cause irritation like what you are describing. Try it a little slower before blaming the e-juice.

On that note . . . with more and more studies being done on e-cigs there is a constant stream of information coming out. There is one recent study that found trace amounts of formaldehyde in the vapor - but only from e-cigs that contained VG. None showed up in the samples that were pure PG. PG is a pharmaceutical grade compound. VG is extracted from vegetables and has had very little testing done on it as a vapor and its effects on people, whereas PG has been tested as a vapor product for decades in the medical field.
That is my technique... and it's not immediate that I have that sensation... it's usually within a few minutes after hitting it...

I've actually experienced the same thing with fog machines... though I never thought much of it until I started researching reactions to PG and found out it's the same shit in fog machines.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Boss just placed an order a couple of hours ago...