Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #21
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
One thing that is bothering me is there ammo supply. Where did they get it and how are they still getting it.

1. It's the South... large numbers of gun owners, and people who are more likely to keep >100 rnds for their preferred weapons.
2. The bulk of the epidemic and deaths happened in the first month or so (while Rick was comatose).
3. Dead people cease to consume ammo

Provided they stick to common calibers, all they'd need to find are a couple of boxes here and there to keep them going (as long as they aren't fighting large scale battles like the fall of the farm). Then you have to assume they occasionally find a cache or case that got left in a store or police station for a substantial bump of at least one or two calibers.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #22
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
1. It's the South... large numbers of gun owners, and people who are more likely to keep >100 rnds for their preferred weapons.

Provided they stick to common calibers, all they'd need to find are a couple of boxes here and there to keep them going (as long as they aren't fighting large scale battles like the fall of the farm). Then you have to assume they occasionally find a cache or case that got left in a store or police station for a substantial bump of at least one or two calibers.
Exactly

It appears they're going from house to house, so they're likely picking everything up as they go...including now "suppressors"
Old 10-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

They acknowledge dwindling food and ammo in this episode... We watched all of season 2 yesterday leading into the premiere... awesome.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #24
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Zombies in riot gear made me chuckle.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #25
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
That was pretty good.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #26
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I was like "Wooohoo! Elites!"

Also, if you look at those suppressors, they look to be made out of old Maglite tubes.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #27
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

This is North Georgia, son. There's ammo to be found all over. Shit, we have an impressive armory comprised just of our 60 house neighborhood. I'm surprised they haven't scavenged more bows, honestly.

Great 1st episode of the season. Poor Hershel - I've come to like his character, I hope he at least makes it through this season.

Only thing I don't like is their method of clearing the prison. They aren't using door ways and cell block entries to their advantage. For fuck's sake, did none of these people play Diablo or some other dungeon game before the apocolypse?
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #28
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post

Only thing I don't like is their method of clearing the prison. They aren't using door ways and cell block entries to their advantage. For fuck's sake, did none of these people play Diablo or some other dungeon game before the apocolypse?
Why not kill from the safety of the fence? I mean WHY go in at all? why not lure them to the fence and kill THRU the fence? That seemed to be working just fine
Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #29
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Why not kill from the safety of the fence? I mean WHY go in at all? why not lure them to the fence and kill THRU the fence? That seemed to be working just fine
This is always the one thing I think of too. I guess it just wouldnt make for good TV.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
This is always the one thing I think of too. I guess it just wouldnt make for good TV.
Yeah, and I supposed it could just be a time-issue. It would take longer to lure all of the walkers to the fence and pick them off... plus, there could also be danger of enough of them piling against the fence to breach it...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote