Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default Apple without Steve

New iPhone amazing NEW features rant I saw. Pretty funny and definitely true. They have lost the smoothness angle with the introduction of Jelly Bean. iOS6 has had some weird bugs and they dropped Google Maps for a not quite ready Apple Maps and now they are just putting out blatant lies about being the worlds thinnest smartphone which is held by the crazy thin Oppo Finder at 6.65mm.

I was really debating picking one up, but now I am not sure. Apple is falling behind fast, there only option is to sue and stop Google.

Quote:
OK, so let's go over every feature and see if Apple literally did ANYTHING new:
4-inch screen - lol no
5 rows of icons - lol no
Thinnest phone ever - not even factually correct
A6 processor - HTC One X and SIII say hi
LTE - lol no
Panorama mode/8 megapixel camera - lol no
1080p video recording - lol no
Smaller dock connector - lolol no
GPS turn-by-turn (walking, public transit) - Google Maps lol
iCloud tabs - Chrome desktop sync lol
Fullscreen Safari - All sorts of browsers lol no
Sharing photos - lol no
Siri movie and sports - Google Now lol no
SMS when you can't take a call - lolololol super no

LITERALLY NOTHING NEW, I mean literally not a single fucking new feature that Android doesn't already do and likely better in many cases. This quite frankly blew so far below my already minimal expectations I'm just dumb-founded. Not even ONE NEW FEATURE? Incredible.

No NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB, widgets, SD storage, notification LED, etc. I shouldn't be so happy to see Apple putting out such a fail product but I am. It really is incredible how far Google, Samsung, and HTC have blown past Apple the last couple years.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Yep, I'll be hanging on to my Iphone4 Saving some money and enjoying my life just the same as I have been for years now.

Phones are becoming to fucking annoying...Does it make a call? Yes, Can i text someone and send them pictures? Yes...

Works for me!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

I liked this response

Quote:
jesus h christmas. Soooo many haters. Do people honestly expect there to be an incredible, revolutionary idea EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR? It is flat out unrealistic, and also just completely silly in a business sense. This is where technology is hurting our culture in general because idiots think EVERYTHING happens instantly. Back here in reality, ideas as groundbreaking and revolutionary as the original iPhone take time to cultivate and develop; they don't just materialize out of nowhere because we want them to. It is going to take some truly extraordinary to unseat the iPhone as the next big thing–at least as far as regular consumers go.
Shut up and be happy that we got some great upgrades-most of which everyone was complaining about and hoping for. This is another solid upgrade of this world changing product and thats that. The iPod touch wrist strap on the other hand.......yikes.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Every one of their big features though is copied from Android. Android did the Panorama thing as a big update with it being built into ICS. Apple fans laughed at it. Now that Apple has done it, they are all creaming their pants about how awesome panorama photos are...

Everything they did has been done with this update has been done by Android. Who is copying who?

Also the new iPod Nano, look at the Nokia Lumia. Look famaliar? lolz

They praised the design of the Lumia for not being a iphone copy in the Samsung trial and then they go and copy it? Oops....

It is a good upgrade for last year and that's when it should of come out instead of the 4s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 09-12-2012 at 06:42 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I still prefer the simplicity and functionality of my iphone to any droid phone i've used.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

You can hate all you want, but how often is the success of a handheld device measured by its contributions to the United States GDP?

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...raise-gdp.html

Love it or hate it, that's one hell of a yard stick to measure success.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
You can hate all you want, but how often is the success of a handheld device measured by its contributions to the United States GDP?

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...raise-gdp.html

Love it or hate it, that's one hell of a yard stick to measure success.
Oh, it's going to sell like fucking flapjacks in gatlinburg. No question there at all.

They have just gone from a leader driving the industry to being a follower.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I still prefer the simplicity and functionality of my iphone to any droid phone i've used.
Have you used the new ones? They function pretty much the same, which is why they are suing each other.
Quote:
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

They all copy one another to be honest...They should just make one big fucking company and all sell the same goddamn phone.

I've had Panoramic Photo's on my Iphone 4 since I've owned it...And the app I use stiches them together pretty goddamn good...That's not really something I'd upgrade my phone and spend like 300 dollars for. Nor do I have a desire to have 1080p video capability, I'm happy with my screen size...and when I want a bigger screen...I use my laptop which SHITS on what any phone can do because honestly? I HATE Browsing on my phone.

Actually, I think anyone who drops this kind of coin to get a new phone is a fucking idiot...And people really have there priorities fucked up. Spend 300 to 500 dollars on a new phone that doesnt really do THAT much more than the current Iphone...Is just dumb to me.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Yep, I'll be hanging on to my Iphone4 Saving some money and enjoying my life just the same as I have been for years now.

Phones are becoming to fucking annoying...Does it make a call? Yes, Can i text someone and send them pictures? Yes...

Works for me!
This.

I'm OK holding onto mine until the next one comes out. So far, I'm pleased with my move to iPhone. My bank, insurance company, law firm, and partners all have apps for iPhone and do not for Android. So, staying with Android wasn't an option.

I am more than relieved the new one isn't super shiny awesomness.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote