Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 04-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I'm not sorry at all that I missed it... Truth is though, as shitty as it is for the fans, it's a REAL big fuck you to White... How about giving Silva someone he CAN'T toy with? Someone who will push him... that's White's failure, not Silva's.

Speaking of crazy shit... WTF happened with Penn?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I'm not sorry at all that I missed it... Truth is though, as shitty as it is for the fans, it's a REAL big fuck you to White... How about giving Silva someone he CAN'T toy with? Someone who will push him... that's White's failure, not Silva's.

Speaking of crazy shit... WTF happened with Penn?
Yeah I couldn't believe Penn lost.

As far as Silva I don't think there is ANY competition for him in his weight class in the UFC. He will have to move up in weight to find competition imho.

The only guy that I think can give him competition in a lighter weight class is GSP...now I would pay to see that bout.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yeah I couldn't believe Penn lost.

As far as Silva I don't think there is ANY competition for him in his weight class in the UFC. He will have to move up in weight to find competition imho.

The only guy that I think can give him competition in a lighter weight class is GSP...now I would pay to see that bout.
He wouldn't be able to toy with GSP... and White's threatening to pull that opportunity away from him.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
In the striking department, he would. GSP would ground him immediately, however, and if he didn't get tagged on the way in, he would probably beat Silva by smothering, boring decision. He probably wouldn't submit him and he certainly wouldn't pound him out.

Silva needs to make a permanent move to light-heavyweight. He would still have the edge against almost everyone on the feet, but there are wrestlers up there who could beat his ass on the ground.
Lyoto Machida
Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Lyoto Machida
After his last performance he doesn't deserve to fight Silva.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
After his last performance he doesn't deserve to fight Silva.
He's the undefeated Light Heavyweight Champion...whether you agreed with the decision against Rua or not.

The outcome of the fight against Shogun is debatable but he agreed to a rematch in May...right ? I can't wait to see that one !!

I'd be good with Silva fighting Rua or Machida or even dropping down to fight GSP.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Huh? You sure you don't have that backwards?

Machida and Silva are friends and team mates, anyway. They're very adamant about not fighting one another. If Rua takes the light heavyweight belt next month, however, we could definitely see Silva fighting for the championship. Shogun vs the Spider could be epic.
Quote:
He's the undefeated Light Heavyweight Champion...whether you agreed with the decision against Rua or not.

The outcome of the fight against Shogun is debatable but he agreed to a rematch in May...right ? I can't wait to see that one !!

I'd be good with Silva fighting Rua or Machida or even dropping down to fight GSP.
Talking strictly performance, Machida doesn't deserve to be champion... I'd be the happiest motherfucker in the world if he redeemed himself in the rematch... I LOVE Machida, but his performance against Rua was quite unimpressive.