Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 09-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #71
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
LOL, You are talking about buying a freaking sport bike base on its looks and how "comfy" it is.... And have the Balls to say you don't want to look like a squid bwhahahahah on A Suzuki? Please pass on by the Suzuki Dealership and keep right on going till you arrive at the Duc store. Me and other riders will thank you.
I don't see your point? these days the performance aspect of these bikes is so close that you need to be racing WERA to tell the diffrence in lap times...

so what's left... comfort and looks... granted looking for comfort from a sportbike is a long the lines of choosing between the Enzo or Galardo based on MPG... but when you really only have two area's to really distinguish the bikes... I can see it coming into play... and as long as you keep in mind neither is gonna give you all day comfort with out some mods... you can at least see which is the LEAST uncomfortable. ya know?

and looks... come on... the only bikers who can claim they buy soley on performance are the owners of this

fucking UGLY.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #72
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I don't see your point? these days the performance aspect of these bikes is so close that you need to be racing WERA to tell the diffrence in lap times...

so what's left... comfort and looks... granted looking for comfort from a sportbike is a long the lines of choosing between the Enzo or Galardo based on MPG... but when you really only have two area's to really distinguish the bikes... I can see it coming into play... and as long as you keep in mind neither is gonna give you all day comfort with out some mods... you can at least see which is the LEAST uncomfortable. ya know?

and looks... come on... the only bikers who can claim they buy soley on performance are the owners of this

fucking UGLY.

They'll all do 160- which is far, far beyond anything you could possibly use on the street. So ya got looks, comfort, and exclusivity (as far as that goes on a jap bike). Everyone and there brother has a Zook, and most of them are the wifebeater and shorts crowd.

The sad part is, there are people that think that thing is sexy
Old 09-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #73
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

i like the white with gold wheels.

not bad.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #74
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post

They'll all do 160- which is far, far beyond anything you should possibly use on the street. So ya got looks, comfort, and exclusivity (as far as that goes on a jap bike). Everyone and there brother has a Zook, and most of them are the wifebeater and shorts crowd.

The sad part is, there are people that think that thing is sexy
Had to fix that for you since I know a few people personally who have gone past that on the street, its very possible to do, just not a great idea.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:29 AM   #75
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post

fucking UGLY.
fueling and powerband is also important
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #76
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Well I don't know just how many different bikes you guys have ridden or owned but for me Every bike is different. Powerband and mid-range delivery is a huge feel factor and can change the whole ride enjoyment for street trips. The feel or Comfort of a bike is workable if it does what you want it to motor wise. Build Quality and durability are important to me as well. If I can see several dependable Turbo (= Stressed) Gsx-R's hold up for many hard miles and very few Yamaha/Kawi bikes, I am maybe a little more inclined to believe those bikes are built to take some abuse and will give me plenty of life.

And for the record, I would Ride any bike regaurdless of looks if it ran just how I wanted it to and gave me a high degree of pleasure.

Sure most new 1000's are plenty fast, but there all still very different bikes.
I must be a strange motorcyclist if I think my 06 looks better than most new bikes but I will not say that it is better. However it still does everything I look for in a sportbike and to me is not far enough behind anything new to warrant an upgrade yet... When that time comes it will take more than a look at what is sexy to deside. Or we would all be on the (older) R1 cause it has held the sexiest Jap bike award for some time in my eyes. It's just everything else it does other than sit in the parking lot that I have a problem with.

Last edited by Gunther1000; 09-30-2008 at 11:12 AM..
Gunther1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #77
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

true

well spoken

i haven't heard the zuk compared to a squid bike but on this site but ? the insurance is always cheaper on the kawi's. is it statistics,performance idk but every bike is a lot dif like stated above. on paper they are the same but just think back to your trips to the dealer and sitting on dif bikes they are waayyyy dif.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #78
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
true

well spoken

i haven't heard the zuk compared to a squid bike but on this site but ? the insurance is always cheaper on the kawi's. is it statistics,performance idk but every bike is a lot dif like stated above. on paper they are the same but just think back to your trips to the dealer and sitting on dif bikes they are waayyyy dif.
depends on your insurance company

mine goes my cc's... so my 05 599 Kawi ZZR600 was $26 a month for full coverage... an 08 599 Honda 600RR is $28 a month for the same coverage. ( my rates will go up cause of my accident but haven't yet)
Old 09-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #79
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

hmm i was playing around on geico and the kawi's were cheaper lets say compared to a suzuki 600cc but ill check again when i get a min off to wild wings for dinner and a few beers
Old 09-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #80
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
hmm i was playing around on geico and the kawi's were cheaper lets say compared to a suzuki 600cc but ill check again when i get a min off to wild wings for dinner and a few beers
well I've preached before... but State Farm FTMFW... never had anything but positive things to say about them. I've had my cars broken into a couple times, within a week the check was in my hands, and I'm insured in Oregon, the break ins happened in Cali and AK.

now with the fiasco of my wreck... it involved 5 different offices (my state farm office in OR, the total loss office in OR, Local Office in NE, Total Loss in NE, and local office in Fargo ND. My accident happened on Wed the 17th... I called and reported it on Thurs the 18th... by Monday they knew what I'd be reimbursed and I'm just waiting on my title to be sent from AK to trade for the check.

also turns out they may be reimbursing me for my Uhaul ($1100) from Chi to Fargo because I needed to make a flight home.

needless to say... they've got my buisness for along time to come... and I'll pay a extra for service like that.