Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R
Default Flagging interest in riding lately...

It's been too fucking hot for a ride to be enjoyable (even in the evening), for one....two, my love affair with the "power-cruiser" ride has ended....my last trip to Arkansas and back convinced me of that...My next bike will definitely be more "cruise" oriented.....I'm leaning towards the Kawasaki Concours 14.....three, I got the Camaro and all my spare time and energy (and money) has been diverted to acquiring nice perfomance mods for the car.

My plan now is to sell the M109-R....spend some of the proceeds on engine/exahust upgrades...and the rest as a down payment on a car for my daughter...then buy the Concours next Spring.

Have any of you suffered from a temporary lack of enthusiasm for riding?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
It's been too fucking hot for a ride to be enjoyable (even in the evening), for one....two, my love affair with the "power-cruiser" ride has ended....my last trip to Arkansas and back convinced me of that...My next bike will definitely be more "cruise" oriented.....I'm leaning towards the Kawasaki Concours 14.....three, I got the Camaro and all my spare time and energy (and money) has been diverted to acquiring nice perfomance mods for the car.

My plan now is to sell the M109-R....spend some of the proceeds on engine/exahust upgrades...and the rest as a down payment on a car for my daughter...then buy the Concours next Spring.

Have any of you suffered from a temporary lack of enthusiasm for riding?
Not to that degree, have had stretches where I just didnt feel like riding that much but thats been about it
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Yep, I'm going through one of those spells at the moment. I've been working from home rather than commuting, and I can't afford track days at the moment. If I'm going to get out on two wheels for the hell of it, it'll be the mountain bike.

I figure next year I'll get the Falco back out again.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I was really pumped when I got back from my trip to cali about riding. Right now I am just blah about it, when it cools off I will be back on though.

Usually when it gets real bad I sell my bike and get something new and different.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Your problem is simply "cruising". Go find a cayon road to run and up down with along with a few others and make a racetrack out of it.

The fun never ends.

LOL

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I've been contemplating just selling my bike outright and getting out of the motorcycle game.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I've been contemplating just selling my bike outright and getting out of the motorcycle game.
I couldn't imagine doing THAT....but...I'm pretty much done with the type of riding I've been doing....I'm ready to ride more...but I want a different experience...riding around with the "go faster" mentality is played out for me right now.

I REALLY want to do road trips....a week on the road...two weeks on the road...Exploring parts of the Country I've not visited yet. I'm close to being able to free up that kind of time and it's what fires my imagination. I'll eventually wind up an old dude on a Goldwing as riding is in my blood....but...it's time, past time really, to explore a different TYPE of riding.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I couldn't imagine doing THAT....but...I'm pretty much done with the type of riding I've been doing....I'm ready to ride more...but I want a different experience...riding around with the "go faster" mentality is played out for me right now.

I REALLY want to do road trips....a week on the road...two weeks on the road...Exploring parts of the Country I've not visited yet. I'm close to being able to free up that kind of time and it's what fires my imagination. I'll eventually wind up an old dude on a Goldwing as riding is in my blood....but...it's time, past time really, to explore a different TYPE of riding.
Honestly, I don't have any desire to ride any bike anymore. But my bike is also paid for so it doesn't cost me much to keep it...other than insurance and maintenance.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Why not just start doing longer rides on the M109? Does it suck for long distances? Starting to do longer rides on your current bike will definitely help you figure out what you want out of your next bike. A set of soft bags and a crapload of bungees is a pretty small investment to get out on the road for a couple of weeks.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Why not just start doing longer rides on the M109? Does it suck for long distances? Starting to do longer rides on your current bike will definitely help you figure out what you want out of your next bike. A set of soft bags and a crapload of bungees is a pretty small investment to get out on the road for a couple of weeks.
I've done several trips down to central Arkansas on it...it's fun as hell to ride once I'm there...it's not fun at all riding down there...and back. And to be honest, I don't like the bike as much with the over the road stuff (Arrow windscreen, sissy bar, luggage rack and over the road bags) on it. The ergonomics just weren't designed for that.

I'm leaning towards something that is designed to be ridden over the road....comfortable...but still sporty enough to enjoy the twisties when you get there. I'm leaning towards this: