Daaaaamn... nice AR.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/03/05/v...ncealed-carry/

Quote:
Maryland -–(Ammoland.com)- Victory For The Constitution in Maryland
We just received word that the United States District Court for the District of Maryland has granted a motion for summary judgement for plaintiff Ray Woollard in the Woollard v. Sheridan case that challenged the good and substantial requirement for issuance of a permit to carry a handgun.
You’ll recall that this is the federal court case that Maryland Shall Issue helped to fund through a $10,000.00 donation to the Second Amendement Foundation who spearheaded this effort.
Ladies and gentlemen, we won!
This is all breaking news and there is far too much analysis to be done to comment any further today, but we wanted to make sure that MSI’s members were aware of this exciting news.
A copy of the opinion can be found here.
Here are some important excerpts from the opinion:
“Because the –good and substantial reason requirement is not reasonably adapted to a substantial government interest, the Court finds this portion of the Maryland law to be unconstitutional. Woollard is entitled to summary judgment. ”
“A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered –reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be. Maryland‘s goal of –minimizing the proliferation of handguns among those who do not have a demonstrated need for them,” id. at 40, is not a permissible method of preventing crime or ensuring public safety; it burdens the right too broadly. ”
“At bottom, this case rests on a simple proposition: If the Government wishes to burden a right guaranteed by the Constitution, it may do so provided that it can show a satisfactory justification and a sufficiently adapted method. The showing, however, is always the Government‘s to make. A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.”
We will have much to say on this in coming days once the smoke clears, so stand by for more information.
Maryland Shall Issue, Inc.
1332 Cape Saint Claire Road #342
Annapolis, Maryland 21409
240-446-6782
Mission Statement: Maryland Shall Issue is an all volunteer, non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gunowners’ rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; and to the education of the community to the awareness that ‘shall issue’ laws have, in all cases, resulted in decreased rates of violent crime.
Good news for CC in my new home state of MD
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

You guys should check out a show called Tac tv, mostly on the hunting channel

The host Larry vickers s a big shot tactical guy

This show had him at the glock training center
And shooting at a full size silhouette at distance w/ a glock 10mm. He hit a shot at 250 yds within 3 shots
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Anyone own or have fired one of the Hi-Point carbines? Saw them at a local pawn shop and the 45 is priced at $290. Looks fun.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/carb...45caliber.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I recently Purchased a package that included a 7.62 YHM Phantom QD suppressor. (it has to stay at the Dealer until Uncle Sam process my Form 4 and it can come home. )
About the same time I began to read a bit about the 300 AAC Blackout round, thought why not so I acquired the following components

CMMG 16 inch Barrel w/Carbine length gas system. (gun show grab)
YHM M4 upper (new)
YHM Gas Block/filp sight (re-purposed)
YHM BCM + Bolt (new and properly staked)
YHM 7.62 QD Pantom Suppressor
Oly Multi Cal Lower (new)
DPMS LPK (new)
Military Buffer tube
Buffer (used 3 throughout the testing settled on a standard buffer with 1 weight removed)
Milspec carbine length buffer spring
My primary purpose for this is a "Hush Puppy" something that will stop mid sized game Pigs, Coyotes Nuisance Deer Quietly.
Using 220 Grain Remington Subsonic Ammo (rated at 1050) it required a little tuning to get the gas system right but dam it was worth it! (fortunately my dealer has a range behind his place)
This thing is as quiet as my 22 with a can on it with the added advantage of a 220 grain 30 cal projectile. Just a visual bore siting of the Nikon 2x7 prostaff on the bench and it was on steel at 150 yards. This thing is a HOOT to shoot the action cycling is louder than the muzzle on a dry can.
Here it is with the can on at the dealer

Ad at home
She's a beaut, Clark.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Anyone own or have fired one of the Hi-Point carbines? Saw them at a local pawn shop and the 45 is priced at $290. Looks fun.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/carb...45caliber.html

She's a beaut, Clark.
my pops has the 9mm and says its a lot of fun, keeps trying to talk me into getting the 40 cal. you dont get much range out of it but its fun for target shooting. im hoping to shoot it tonight actually after work
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
You guys should check out a show called Tac tv, mostly on the hunting channel

The host Larry vickers s a big shot tactical guy

This show had him at the glock training center
And shooting at a full size silhouette at distance w/ a glock 10mm. He hit a shot at 250 yds within 3 shots
Larry (retired Delta/CAG) has his own sub forum on M4Carbine.net:

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=213
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I have the 9mm version. Got it for sale. Its fun to shoot but Im wanting a different caliber AR upper.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

anyone have one of these?

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=colt-m4-ops

i think i might like it a little more than the smith and wesson 15-22 looking for some feedback
Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
anyone have one of these?

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=colt-m4-ops

i think i might like it a little more than the smith and wesson 15-22 looking for some feedback
The Colt and the Smith are both fun little rifles. They are both how ever proprietor rifles that don't necessarily accept aftermarket AR parts. ( I don not believe the Smith will accept aftermarket AR trigger is someone knows otherwise please correct me) The Colt I believe is a Umarex they are the people that bring us the Walther P22 and a host of other look alike 22s. Lots of people have an love both of these rifles. I went a slightly different routs and went with a Dedicated 22lr upper. While there are lots of good options in the Upper Market ( I run a Tactical Solutions M4) the CMMG is incredible popular because it is a great blend of Value ( 335-400 for the upper depending on options) and Quality. You can run it on any Ar15 lower, or buy and build a lower (depending on what you want you are in for 139 to 500 on building a AR lower) This gives you the option of adding another upper in a different caliber later) and using whatever aftermarket bits you want on your upper and lower.
Pros of the Smith and Colt
Open the box clean it and shoot
If you do not have a AR lower or picture yourself getting a AR you don't need to get one
Cons
To a large degree what you see is what you get, Aftermarket options are limited when compared to the Dedicated upper.
If at a later date you want to add a different caliber you would be forced to buy another lower.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
The Colt and the Smith are both fun little rifles. They are both how ever proprietor rifles that don't necessarily accept aftermarket AR parts. ( I don not believe the Smith will accept aftermarket AR trigger is someone knows otherwise please correct me) The Colt I believe is a Umarex they are the people that bring us the Walther P22 and a host of other look alike 22s. Lots of people have an love both of these rifles. I went a slightly different routs and went with a Dedicated 22lr upper. While there are lots of good options in the Upper Market ( I run a Tactical Solutions M4) the CMMG is incredible popular because it is a great blend of Value ( 335-400 for the upper depending on options) and Quality. You can run it on any Ar15 lower, or buy and build a lower (depending on what you want you are in for 139 to 500 on building a AR lower) This gives you the option of adding another upper in a different caliber later) and using whatever aftermarket bits you want on your upper and lower.
Pros of the Smith and Colt
Open the box clean it and shoot
If you do not have a AR lower or picture yourself getting a AR you don't need to get one
Cons
To a large degree what you see is what you get, Aftermarket options are limited when compared to the Dedicated upper.
If at a later date you want to add a different caliber you would be forced to buy another lower.
i have never thought about building a gun and dont anything about how difficult or easy it is. pretty much was just looking for out of the box and shoot. i do eventually want a 308 AR but i think i would want each gun and not have to take one apart to build another. with that being said i'll have to look into this and make a decision