Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

I love anything on two wheels. I've had 8 bikes in 5 years. I'm happy to be back on a true sportbike. But I look forward to finishing the bobber to put around town. Honestly, if I had the dough, I'd have one of each
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I've gone from a beaten up old Shadow to a CBR to the SV. I ride my current style of bike because the power band is more usable and with the mods to the bars it's more of an upright bike (more like the Standard it's supposed to be).

I plan on eventually changing platforms again to something like an F650GS (if I get rid of the SV) or a G650GS (if I keep the SV). I almost pulled the trigger on a Wee Strom but the price tag changed at the last minute. The reasons for the move are exactly what was stated here by Trip and the others who have dual sport bikes.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I grew bored and disillusioned with my GSX-R750...it was really only "fun" when doing stupid things....on the street anyway. I sold it and bought my Suzuki M109-R as a compromise....a power cruiser...tons of power but more cruise friendly ergonomics....I've happily ridden the mountains of Arkansas numerous times...it's comfortable there and back again....and handles well in the twisty mountain roads for a big bike.

I'm looking at a new Kawasaki Concourse for this Spring as my riding interests have evolved into longer more over the back road type trips....we'll see. I may try one of the longer trips on the M109-R before making the decision.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

I came back to riding after 25 years with the Victory. Having sold it in the first Part of December this is the first time in 8 years I don't have a cruiser. It's sale was prompted by the fact that I just didn't ride it any more. Any place I might have taken the Victory it was just easier to take the Goldwing. What I didn't know until I rode a Goldwing is that it is not a cruiser. Just a giant sport standard with luggage. It will in all likelihood be the last bike I sell
The Busa I bought in 05 (added the Turbo and some comfort mods the same year) To my amazement this bike quickly became my daily commuter, it corners well, has torque to spare and because of the mods has better than average brakes and suspension. (Oh and has no problem running away from anything out there because of the turbo) The 05 Ducati 999 was a fabulous bike, nimble powerful with a chassis that was telepathic just think about the the line and it was on it. That said it, it had Ergos that would make an S&M freak wince! It also pounded me senseless and after a couple hours on it I needed two days to recover. I traded it for the B King (easily the Ugliest Bike Suzuki has ever made) Th B King Ride sold me. Comfortable , High torque plenty of power, and ergos that would accommodate a circus fat man. I see a couple of suspension mods it its future. The B King has me staring down the path of a one liter naked of some sort. At the top of that wishlist is the Ducati Streetfighter. Who knows my youngest child graduates college in May, so by fall I may find something else to put in the garage
Old 02-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

First of all, I've never been bored riding. And I ride the same roads on the same old bike every day. We had a severe drought last summer and I rode almost every day from July through Christmas and I was never bored. Cruiser? That would be boring.

Secondly, if I want to go offroad, I take my Jeep. The weather out here can change instantly. Well, actually it takes about 10 minutes, but my two best friends were killed by lightning and they were only minutes from their truck. And they were experienced hikers. I still have my 79 Bultaco 370 Frontera, but I haven't ridden it in about 18 years.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

went from cruiser to sport long ago, i was too young to "cruise" now days i'm back to a cruiser from a sportbike. have to admit I agree with above. I always felt I was "Wasting" the sport bike if I wasn't flying down the road with my hair on fire.

it is nice to finally have a clean driving record. I have always been in the "if you can't afford the ticket don't have a sports bike/car" club. if you have it you should use it.

when I rack up too many points I would sell the sport and get a cruiser for awhile. this time I think I'll stay one the cruiser for a long time.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I'll give you 2k for your busa
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'll give you 2k for your busa
No.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You're doing it wrong.