Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #32
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Not ride it when it was nice out!!!
This what I'm currently doing dumb.

Sunny & 70s... If I weren't saving my tires for the track. Trackbike here I come!
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #33
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Rode with Drewpy.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #34
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Rode with Drewpy.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #35
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
When I first started riding, I was trying to show off to some chicks I knew in the car beside me, so I took off down this road at a speed I wouldn't consider now. When I got to the end, I couldn't stop and turn, to go with the road, so, I jammed on the brakes, and ended up stopping on some dudes front lawn.

The last time I rode my 86 GSXR1100, the motor blew, so I parked it on the side of the road. the kickstand on that bike was too long, because of the shorter inverted forks I put on it.
So, me and my buddy were looking up the road for a safe place to move it to, when we heard a crash behind us. We looked back and did not see anything and didn't think anything of it. We looked around a bit more, then when we were walking back to the bike, we both realized it was not there anymore. It had tipped over and fell into the ditch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Didn't check into theft insurance before AND/or after it got stolen. Thus leaving me with the rest of the payoff.
Going to check my insurance now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well other than actually wreck it has to be this...

When buying my very first bike...a 1988 Kawasaki Ninja 600R I had no real clue how to even ride it. Yes I knew right hand throttle/front brake...left hand clutch...left foot shifter and right foot rear brake but still no real clue how to ride it.

I had NEVER ridden on the street either and I picked it up when I got off of work on Friday afternoon in rush hour traffic.

I was real hesitate to jump out into traffic so I decided to ride around in a neighborhood behind the dealership. Well I did and then all of a sudden about a 1/2 mile away it started sputtering and cut off. I tried and I tried to restart it to no avail.

Pushed it off the road and parked it behind a building and walked back up to the dealership.

Told the guy the piece of crap was ALREADY giving me problems.

He said humm...."well maybe it's out of gas...did you switch it to reserve?"

I was like ...needless to say...I turned around...walked out red faced and all back to the bike...switched it to reserve...it started and I was on my way.

I thought I'd never get home alive being in rush hour traffic...but I did.

That was over 20 years ago...glad my current bike doesn't have a switchable reserve.
If you had just bought from the dealer why the hell didn't they fill your gas tank for you?

My incident... probably the time Erik and I went to Mid-Ohio to the races. I mis-interpreted his hand gestures and pulled on through the median where the bikes parts. Little did I realize he was backing up and right into me. Knocked me and the bike over... the only time my bike has ever been dropped (knock on wood). Broke my right front turn signal, bent my front brake lever, scratched up the plastic/stickers, and broke my right foot peg. None of which I've bothered fixing though I have the sticker and lever to fix if I want.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
Scot
Kneedragger

Moto: varies

rode a wheelie because some rednecks gave me the universal "ride a wheelie" arm flap. Why was that dumb? Sheriff was coming the other way.

No ticket! Sheriff's don't carry ticket books. At least this one didn't. He didn't care enough to phone a friend either.
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #37
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Going to check my insurance now....
Meh I was 19 and stupid. I just had to sell my beater car to pay off the bike.

For almost the next 2 years, I drove my company van around hauling my dirty dirtbikes to n from the track.

Thankfully I can afford to carry full on everything nowadays.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #38
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

crash on the pitout for the warmup lap of my race due to debris still on the tires from a crash in morning practice (then go out and win the race)
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
crash on the pitout for the warmup lap of my race due to debris still on the tires from a crash in morning practice (then go out and win the race)
that's pretty low on the dumb scale... especially with the win... come on... you can do better...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #40
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post

If you had just bought from the dealer why the hell didn't they fill your gas tank for you?

Well that's what I wondered after the fact. I thought it was full so that's why I thought something was wrong with the bike but due to my ignorance at the time I didn't even check/switch to reserve first without walking all the way back up there.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote