Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Gilles Shift Shaft Support

Ok,I know I mentioned the shaft support when I posted about my bike but now that I've had a chance to ride my bike in a more "sport" oriented fashion,I just wanted to do a short review.
No one has even accused the GSXR of being a bad shifter,infact it's considered by many to be quite "smooth" but there was room for improvement and it has come in the form of this support from Gilles, http://www.gillestooling.com/en/produkte/sp/index.php. The piece is extremely simple in construction and form. Quite frankly,I doubted the veracity of Gilles' claim upon first inspection. I was severely mistaken! Gilles has identified a problem and correctly addressed it! This small piece of aluminum has taken a good shifting bike and tranformed it into perfection. I cannot get the bike to miss a shift now. No matter how "choppy" of "abrupt" I try to shift,it always goes into the next or previous gear perfectly. Infact,it ALMOST shifts too easily. 1st to 2nd is buttery smooth and accessing the remainder of the gearbox is effortless. I reccomend this part to anyone who owns a bike they manfacture one for. I paid about $60 for mine and it was worth every cent. Trust me,you will not be disappointed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0972.JPG (271.8 KB, 45 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote