Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #11
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I would let her decide, if she thought she was comfortable enough to ride on street than you should let her. If not throw her into N, the track marshalls will keep her safe. I would at least find somewhere deserted to practice a little before though. Do ya'll not have some high school parking lots around there that would be empty in the evening to use?
That's what I want to happen. Hit up some vacant lots or neighborhoods and get some practice in. About letting her decide. She doesn't know what to expect on the streets. She's not on the local forum reading about all these deaths (two between Friday and today. Two in the same day when I was riding to work one day). I'm pretty sure, with the help of some friends, we can convince her to go the track route. It's just WAYYYYY safer. And if a wreck does happen, there's no chance of getting run over by a truck once she gets off.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
That's what I want to happen. Hit up some vacant lots or neighborhoods and get some practice in. About letting her decide. She doesn't know what to expect on the streets. She's not on the local forum reading about all these deaths (two between Friday and today. Two in the same day when I was riding to work one day). I'm pretty sure, with the help of some friends, we can convince her to go the track route. It's just WAYYYYY safer. And if a wreck does happen, there's no chance of getting run over by a truck once she gets off.
Seriously, you put yourself out there in the same crap. She could die tomorrow from getting shot by a nutjob in the grocery store. Sometimes you got to let go and live life and not worry about the rest of that crap. Bad shit happens everyday and you keeping her off of streets isn't going to keep here around any longer. I am a stronger believer in when it's your time to die, your going to die.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #13
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I think she'll be alright. It's gonna be more about her than the others on the track...you know how it works out there. Just make sure she's comfortable on teh bike at reasonable speed and I think she'll be fine.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

What are you doing in October?

www.femmoto.com

I control ride for them.... it's the largest women's event in the country. Every manufacturer shows up to let us demo their rides.

Tell her she has to get some seat time on the track before she comes...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
What are you doing in October?

www.femmoto.com

I control ride for them.... it's the largest women's event in the country. Every manufacturer shows up to let us demo their rides.

Tell her she has to get some seat time on the track before she comes...
Hell yeah! $135 for the 3rd is an awesome price. We're use to paying close to $200 for TDs in Vegas. She should be spun up by October. Won't be fast, but she'll be use to the track ettiquette(?) by then.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #16
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Seriously, you put yourself out there in the same crap. She could die tomorrow from getting shot by a nutjob in the grocery store. Sometimes you got to let go and live life and not worry about the rest of that crap. Bad shit happens everyday and you keeping her off of streets isn't going to keep here around any longer. I am a stronger believer in when it's your time to die, your going to die.
I don't ride street anymore. I hear what you're saying, but you don't know how people drive in Vegas. Half the people are drunk and it's not uncommon to see at least one guy blow a stop sign or red light on the way to/from work. IT'S BAD!! I don't exagerate either. The track's the best way to go. We'll register it in case we want to go somewhere together or in a group, but that won't be often.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #17
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Hell yeah! $135 for the 3rd is an awesome price. We're use to paying close to $200 for TDs in Vegas. She should be spun up by October. Won't be fast, but she'll be use to the track ettiquette(?) by then.
It's not a trackday. It's not fast. BUT, I highly recommend her get out there first. Hell, last year I was bodyblocking more than control riding... on a SCOOTER This is two years ago:

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #18
DLIT
Clit Commander

She should be fine before October. My first track day will be on the 26th of April. Depending on how fast we can get her geared up, she may tag along, level 1 plus class.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I don't ride street anymore. I hear what you're saying, but you don't know how people drive in Vegas. Half the people are drunk and it's not uncommon to see at least one guy blow a stop sign or red light on the way to/from work. IT'S BAD!! I don't exagerate either. The track's the best way to go. We'll register it in case we want to go somewhere together or in a group, but that won't be often.
If you no longer ride street anymore, that makes much more sense. You should take her on some of those rural roads you guys ride though. I could never give up the street entirely. I enjoy riding too much.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #20
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
If you no longer ride street anymore, that makes much more sense. You should take her on some of those rural roads you guys ride though. I could never give up the street entirely. I enjoy riding too much.
I love riding anywhere too, especially the twisties out here and in SoCal! But I have a shitload of fun at the track. I'm not selling my street plastics, if you know what I mean. Just won't ride on the street unless I'm too broke to hit up a track day, and that's still a maybe.