Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 11-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am more of the opinion that a suspension setup correctly for the rider is a must for anyone who wants to do any sort of sport riding, any skill level. It makes a world of a difference to ride a properly setup bike. If you can't afford the pricey bits, it's worth it to get the suspension dialed in.
very true. I had my bike setup for just myself... it was horrible with my bags... next time I'm adjusting the suspension for the bags.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #22
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Anyways, I will continue to set up my bike, and race it.

I guess I won't bother posting up what I do to the bike since clearly this crew of keyboard racers (some of whom haven't even done track days) clearly know what I need and don't need without ever having ridden with me.
i swear, short ppl and their temper tantrums

nice find tho, when are you getting it/getting it on on your bike?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #23
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

appologies.

I know what your trying to go for and only wish i could do the same right now. fortunatly i've still got time on my side.

Either way, you still havent told us how much of a steal you got this for. we talking pennies to the dollar or what?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Suspension is at the top of my list as far as where my money's going into my bike...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #25
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

When I bought my 79 GS1000, it came with rear shocks that had adjustable damping. The first bike to have it. Wow. I could set them for cornering or touring.

In the late 80's, they started to wear out. I approached Works Performance. Their top of the line shocks were around $300. About a third of the value of the bike. I thought about it for a while and bought them. They transformed the bike.

They were taller than the original shocks, plus the originals had sagged. Now I have to be on tip-toe at stops. But on most curvy roads, I can hang with modern bikes. Which pisses them off to no end. Priceless.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Anyways, I will continue to set up my bike, and race it.

I guess I won't bother posting up what I do to the bike since clearly this crew of keyboard racers (some of whom haven't even done track days) clearly know what I need and don't need without ever having ridden with me.
Oh shut the fuck up you whiny bitch. Go back to my thread and look at the bullshit you wrote when I posted about buying some Ohlins for my bike. Ass knocker.

You'll keep posting, and we'll keep busting. Fuck off.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #27
zortness
Contagious Track Addict

Moto: Too many bikes

What do you have done to the front? I think the front suspension helps a lot more with bike stability and cornerspeed confidence, but the rear lets you get on the gas harder coming out of the corners.

Either way, definitely a good investment. I'll trade you my year old ohlins rear for that one =)
zortness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
nice find tho, when are you getting it/getting it on on your bike?
Should be showing up later this week. I'm not in a big rush to get it on. I will probably just drool on it for a few hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
Either way, you still havent told us how much of a steal you got this for. we talking pennies to the dollar or what?
I got it for half price. The most you can find usually on these things is 15-20 %.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Go back to my thread and look at the bullshit you wrote when I posted about buying some Ohlins for my bike
There is a huge difference between you talking about buying an entire set of ohlins forks for your BUELL STREET BIKE than me trying to get my suspension set up properly on my RACE BIKE.

Not to mention I will have my forks reworked and this shock purchased for a total cost that is less than HALF of what you were considering spending on those forks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
What do you have done to the front? I think the front suspension helps a lot more with bike stability and cornerspeed confidence, but the rear lets you get on the gas harder coming out of the corners.

Either way, definitely a good investment. I'll trade you my year old ohlins rear for that one =)
The forks are the next order of business this winter. They need new oil and seals and bushings anyways, so I will do that and at the same time do a revalving and respringing at the very least. It will be a financial decision at that point. Revalve and respring is most likely. Maybe play with the oil weight a bit to get the desired characteristics.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Poser.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #30
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Now I just have to install it, and sit on my ass for 5 months until I can try it out!

ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote