No 19 52.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #51
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
I think I would pass on Henderson if I had anywhere else to race.

I usually raced at Putnam, IRP, Roebling, TGPR and Road Atlanta. There were enough races among those to keep me broke. Atlanta is a great track but it was the only one that I never won a race on. It takes a lot of HP for that one and I never seemed to have enough... I always liked Talladega best, since it was mostly rider, but really I loved them all.
No such thing as a bad track, just bad set ups! Actually I liked Oak Hill/Henderson cause if you can go fast there, you can go fast anywhere! Plus it is sentimental cause it is where I got my first win!

Hallett is my fav CMRA track, but I still haven't been to the 2 new texas tracks...YET.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #52
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

I am the 2nd 3rd of the ScrewFace Racing Team.

Getting ready to head to Casey's place as this is the last race weekend of the season at Homestead International Raceway in Miami

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #53
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
No such thing as a bad track, just bad set ups! Actually I liked Oak Hill/Henderson cause if you can go fast there, you can go fast anywhere! Plus it is sentimental cause it is where I got my first win!

Hallett is my fav CMRA track, but I still haven't been to the 2 new texas tracks...YET.
Your first win remark made me think of my first race. Except for a fuzzy day in the Fireball Roberts section of the Daytona grandstands in 1978, the first road race I ever saw was the first one I was in. I went out thinking “Don’t crash, don’t crash anyone else, and just have fun”. My mantra set, I lined up and went for it. I spent the next 10 laps trying to stay out of the way and have fun while terrified. I ran two races that day.
After it was over I went to watch the awards being handed out to see what that looked like. So I’m just standing around thinking hum, this is pretty cool. Then I heard my name called and I’m like WTF, there must be someone with the same name! After they called it out again I slid up there and was told I got 2nd place. I didn’t think so and told them so. I had no idea where I finished (I didn’t even know they posted it). I tried to convince them that it must be a mistake and that got a laugh from those that heard it. I was informed that the scorers in the tower know where I finished even if I didn’t and to take the damn trophy. I just about shit. I took a 3rd place the next day in one of the 2 races in was in. I had a 500 mile trip back home Sunday night from Savannah, GA and the trophy’s rode in the passenger seat all the way back. You couldn’t have pulled the grin off my face with a pair of vise grips. I was also hooked like a junkie. Crack wouldn’t have worked as well as those two trophy's.

Last edited by was92v; 12-05-2008 at 08:05 PM..
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #54
zortness
Contagious Track Addict

Moto: Too many bikes

That's pretty sweet, getting trophies during your first races. I got my first ones this year, during my 2nd season (and I've got a little stack of them going now). I guess that's a big downside to starting in the "meatgrinder" class, but I still love those little pieces of plastic and metal. I hope I'll get some more trophies this year, but it's going to be a bit different in the expert divisions.
zortness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #55
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Just curious as to who races, not raced. It's good to know who does in case I have questions.

Edit: I don't even know why I put no as an option.
Your poll is invalid due to lack of "Tater's whore" option
Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #56
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
That's pretty sweet, getting trophies during your first races. I got my first ones this year, during my 2nd season (and I've got a little stack of them going now). I guess that's a big downside to starting in the "meatgrinder" class, but I still love those little pieces of plastic and metal. I hope I'll get some more trophies this year, but it's going to be a bit different in the expert divisions.
I got pushed into Expert after my 1st season because of finishing in the top 10 (9th or 10th I don't remember) and whined about it when I got the "You will be advancing to Expert next season" letter. I called Kurt Hall at WERA to try to talk them out of it, but he said with 11 Podiums, 4 Wins and a top 10 at the GNF I needed/had to move to Expert.

I didn't think moving to Expert would be so good for me but I didn't have a choice, so I just decided to step up and do it. it was better in Expert than Novice. Safer riders and faster riders made me a faster, safer rider. I won the first Expert race I was in and went from there.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #57
ROADandTRACK
Cupid Stunt!!!

Moto: momosickles

Yes, I race.
CMRA
ROADandTRACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #58
CW AF 03
Ducatisti

Moto: 1098, Hypermotard S

Yes, I race. WERA West. Ducati 1098. No, I am not crazy OR made out of money...I just love that freakin' bike!
CW AF 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #59
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Trophies and plaques...You know everyone asks me "how much money do you win?" And when I tell them we spend incredible amounts of money, risk our lives, and fight tooth and nail for a little piece of chrome covered plastic and wood they just kinda stare and nod..."Ummm, Uh Huh, OK then look at the time"

I love my championship jacket and it is a great conversation starter. Some don't think you win them and ask how much a jacket like that costs. I throw out what it takes to run the season, 11 races worth of entry fees, travel accomadations, equipment, tires, and spares, and they get all confused...Still I hold those trophies and that jacket in higher esteem than I do my high school and college diplomas...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #60
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Your poll is invalid due to lack of "Tater's whore" option
Ban me then.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote