Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 08-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #31
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
F 2-pieces.
Oh really! Why so? I have heard so much good about them...
Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #32
zortness
Contagious Track Addict

Moto: Too many bikes

2-piece suits don't stretch as much in the back (at least any that I've ever seen), so you'll probably lose some mobility there. Just remember, you get what you pay for with suits, read some reviews in a racing forum to see which ones actually hold up better in a crash. Make sure the suit fits as tight as possible, you don't want it moving around against your skin when you come off.
zortness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #33
t-homo
WSB Champion

Sorry to threadjack, but what kind of knee pucks do you guys use? I haven't gotten a knee down yet, but figure I will get some pucks just so the suit looks complete. Hopefully I will get my knee down soon and they will actually be used.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #34
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
Oh really! Why so? I have heard so much good about them...
Maybe they're OK for street riding so you can take the jacket off, but it's pretty much what Zort mentioned above. The 1-piece may hold up in a wreck that the 2-piece might not fair so well because of the zipper connecting the 2 pieces. And you can always take the top half off of the 1-piece and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Sorry to threadjack, but what kind of knee pucks do you guys use? I haven't gotten a knee down yet, but figure I will get some pucks just so the suit looks complete. Hopefully I will get my knee down soon and they will actually be used.
Just get any name brand pucks from newenough.com or something. Just get the cheapest, you'll be aight.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #35
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Maybe they're OK for street riding so you can take the jacket off, but it's pretty much what Zort mentioned above. The 1-piece may hold up in a wreck that the 2-piece might not fair so well because of the zipper connecting the 2 pieces. And you can always take the top half off of the 1-piece and relax.

Just get any name brand pucks from newenough.com or something. Just get the cheapest, you'll be aight.
You're talking about a very small percentage of wrecks. and like i said, if you're going to the track enough to warrent it, go ahead and pick up a one piece. For 1 or two TD's a year, i donno. I plan on hitting the track a lot in the next year or so, and down the road i'm sure i'll pick up a one piece that fits a little better.

Best bet? get 2 suits.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #36
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
You're talking about a very small percentage of wrecks. and like i said, if you're going to the track enough to warrent it, go ahead and pick up a one piece. For 1 or two TD's a year, i donno. I plan on hitting the track a lot in the next year or so, and down the road i'm sure i'll pick up a one piece that fits a little better.

Best bet? get 2 suits.
word

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #37
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Thanks guys, I really need to get to a freaking shop to try one on... I'm 6'2-3" and about 190 so im not sure what size will work out best and im sure they vary...46-50 range?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #38
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
Thanks guys, I really need to get to a freaking shop to try one on... I'm 6'2-3" and about 190 so im not sure what size will work out best and im sure they vary...46-50 range?
ya you're probably in the right range. although a 46 is gonna be small on you for sure.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Get klucky pucks, i love em, ever so smooth.

2-piece/1-piece battle will go on forever. Suits are going to fail no matter what type they are, I have seen a top of the line dianese seem explode from a 20 mph low side, seen a high speed wreck with a guy in a two piece and slide a good ways on asphalt and not really even a scratch on the suit. If you are racing and constantly pushing it 110% sure I can see the reasoning behind a 1 piece, but for anything else 2-pieces will do that job just as well. I see equipment tested on a weekly basis with my trips to the gap, I have not seen anything to really discourage me from getting a quality 2 piece. I wouldn't go cheap on a suit though, that's just asking for trouble. By cheap I don't mean price, I mean quality. You can get quality without price. Price in this sport usually means the patch that has a name on the suit. Just research what people are recommending.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #40
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Get klucky pucks, i love em, ever so smooth.

2-piece/1-piece battle will go on forever. Suits are going to fail no matter what type they are, I have seen a top of the line dianese seem explode from a 20 mph low side, seen a high speed wreck with a guy in a two piece and slide a good ways on asphalt and not really even a scratch on the suit. If you are racing and constantly pushing it 110% sure I can see the reasoning behind a 1 piece, but for anything else 2-pieces will do that job just as well. I see equipment tested on a weekly basis with my trips to the gap, I have not seen anything to really discourage me from getting a quality 2 piece. I wouldn't go cheap on a suit though, that's just asking for trouble. By cheap I don't mean price, I mean quality. You can get quality without price. Price in this sport usually means the patch that has a name on the suit. Just research what people are recommending.
trips got a point. Its a good idea to stay with the name brands, as they've been tried and tested, but there are deals to be had out there. I got my JR gpx off of audiomechanic, a member on here who rides a magna now. Picked it up w/ gloves and boots for 300, that was a steal (thx again, btw audio). It was practically new... cept for some reason he let his cat claw the back of it. It's been through 2 mediocre lowsides and is no worse for wear, just the logos on the arms are a little scraped.