Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #41
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
You know what I really dont care for the new gixxers and to tell you the truth I dont really like Suzuki products.
Bwhahahahah this is the funniest thing I have ever read!

Come on, I ride with a guy who has the new 08 and there not as good as all the hype makes them out to be. My 06 feels way better than his and I would say has him on power also!

Honda Reliability is known but for street bikes you can't beat the Suzuki! its no Slouch!

Now you 750 may leave you wanting more but the king is GSX-R hands down here.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #42
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post

Come on, I ride with a guy who has the new 08 and there not as good as all the hype makes them out to be. My 06 feels way better than his and I would say has him on power also!

Honda Reliability is known but for street bikes you can't beat the Suzuki! its no Slouch!

then why is the 08 RR beating everybody else? the gsxr has had its time in the spotlight, it wasnt gonna stay on top forever. and you're absolutely right, ever since 05-06 the gixxer has peaked. yami and honda have been catching up to suzuki in every class, albiet the 750 class which they choose not to touch.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #43
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Well, if you read every magizine article on the planet that looks at the track ability of any GSX-R they all say the chasis is in a class of its own... now given a simple suspension tweak here or there or tire change and these bikes shine! The others are no dbout getting closer but I would think that anything they do is just not going to be enough to take away the years of spot on track ability that these bikes are known for. Also do you really think that Suzuki would unlearn everything they have been proven to know about building bikes when THEY put out a redesign? nope, not going to happen. They will just make the rest go back to the drawing board and try again.

I think if anything KTM will be another contender before the other Jap brands.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #44
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Well, if you read every magizine article on the planet that looks at the track ability of any GSX-R they all say the chasis is in a class of its own... now given a simple suspension tweak here or there or tire change and these bikes shine! The others are no dbout getting closer but I would think that anything they do is just not going to be enough to take away the years of spot on track ability that these bikes are known for. Also do you really think that Suzuki would unlearn everything they have been proven to know about building bikes when THEY put out a redesign? nope, not going to happen. They will just make the rest go back to the drawing board and try again.

I think if anything KTM will be another contender before the other Jap brands.

There are at least 2 or 3 articles floating around this forum alone with TRACK comparisons of the big 4 and one including a daytona and a 848. all of them rate the cbr's as best in class. The proof is in the pudding.

here are two that i found.

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1511
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2118
Old 08-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #45
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
There are at least 2 or 3 articles floating around this forum alone with TRACK comparisons of the big 4 and one including a daytona and a 848. all of them rate the cbr's as best in class. The proof is in the pudding.

here are two that i found.

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1511
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2118
If you notice the Gix 600 had the fastest lap times for both riders.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #46
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If you notice the Gix 600 had the fastest lap times for both riders.
has more to do with the rider than the bike. even the track has a lot to do with it, if it was a long track with long straights that extra 2.7hp alone could count for the .11 lap time dif. FFS hutchs time from fastest to slowest were less than half a second.

They still picked the 600 overall, but I'd say the 600rr is at best equal in class to the other 600's. The r6 has the track advantage, IMO, considering technology.

Im a honda boy at heart, But im not brand loyal by choice; more by chance. I know pretty much every magazine article is biased and skewed, but it does say something when they consistantly pick one brand over the others regardless of unconstant variables like lap times and top speeds.

but still, i dont buy into hype, and i think the gsxr is the most overhyped brand name since Harley Davidson. its good, great even, but dayum there are 3 other brands out there that are just as good.

Last edited by NONE_too_SOFT; 08-14-2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old 08-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #47
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
has more to do with the rider than the bike. They still picked the 600 overall.

I'd say the 600rr is at best equal in class to the other 600's. The r6 has the track advantage, IMO.

Im a honda boy at heart, But im not brand loyal by choice; more by chance. I know pretty much every magazine article is biased and skewed, but it does say something when they consistantly pick one brand over the others regardless of unconstant variables like lap times and top speeds.

but still, i dont buy into hype, and i think the gsxr is the most overhyped brand name since Harley Davidson. its good, great even, but dayum there are 3 other brands out there that are just as good.
Honestly if I was in the market for a 600, it would have been the RR followed closely by the R6. I'm by no means a suzuki fan boy, but when i see lap numbers, by 2 riders, of different skill level and they are BOTH turning out lap times faster on the gsxr than any other brand you have to wonder... I went with a gsxr because nobody else makes a 750 and I was pleasantly surprised at the smooth power and fantastic suspension.

The new 1000RR is growing on me and that black one with the repsol decals is fucking Better in the looks department than the GSXR1K.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #48
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post

The new 1000RR is growing on me and that black one with the repsol decals is fucking Better in the looks department than the GSXR1K.
I've said it befoer and i'll say it again,Thats what i like most about it. Just about every half dozen years or so you start to see major changes in sport bikes. They've gone from fully faired, to partially faired with more angles and open parts. From large front ends w/ single head lights to dual lights (minus zukes, of course, but their front end is nothing like it used to be either). Banana seats to tiered seats. side exaust to undertails and gp styles. regular forks to inverted style. Carbed to FI. etc etc etc.

I'm really digging the more compact look of the front and back end on the cbr (it looks like they've decreased the overall lenth of the bodywork at least six inches on both ends) , seems to be the next direction bikes are going to start taking.

just look at the differences
With a lower center of gravity and the ergo's of the front end the 2008 just looks like it'd eat the 07 alive.

Last edited by NONE_too_SOFT; 08-14-2008 at 01:35 PM..
Old 08-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #49
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:

I know suzuki has the goods the Gixx 1k is always a top runner in the open class but my personal opionion is that I dont like suzukis. I have heard about frame issues from them in the past and have heard no resolutions to those problems via recalls, transmission problems, my Suzuki has only 11k on it and its starting to consume oil and smoke. What kind of BS is that.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #50
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
I know suzuki has the goods the Gixx 1k is always a top runner in the open class but my personal opionion is that I dont like suzukis. I have heard about frame issues from them in the past and have heard no resolutions to those problems via recalls, transmission problems, my Suzuki has only 11k on it and its starting to consume oil and smoke. What kind of BS is that.
You do big wheelies? Bounce the tach of the rev limiter often?

Last edited by Rider; 08-14-2008 at 02:03 PM..